Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,223   Posts: 1,532,534   Online: 1087

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I like the fact that "like/dislike" may not get implemented in APUG.

For keeping track of threads that have particular information you may want to refer back to the subscribe to thread works pretty well.

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Among the many things I like about APUG is freedom from these goofy, mechanical, herd management/data generating features. Please don't think implementing it will enhance the "experience" on APUG.
    Last edited by CGW; 12-05-2011 at 07:44 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    After re-reading the title of the thread I think that a Disklike button would be very unoriginal.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I'd like to avoid the "like/dislike" mentality that comes with the "like" button. We've avoided rating systems until now, and I think that's been good for the health of the forum.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd like to dislike this thread. I tend to follow certain people here as well as subscribing to particular threads. I have a FB account but spend 99% of my computer time here because it ISN'T like FB, Myspace or twitter.
    Thy heart -- thy heart! -- I wake and sigh,
    And sleep to dream till day
    Of the truth that gold can never buy
    Of the bawbles that it may.

www.silverhalidephotography.com

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Please keep it as is, although we are all analog'ers and this site is by virtue a digital communication medium, not adding bells/whistles such as 'like/dislike' more represent the spirit of how I believe we communicate here, more round table, everyone contribute, pot luck per se. Adding a 'like/dislike' would make this feel like something else and I would hate for someone's thread of some obscure alt process be 'unliked' by the masses because of the anonymity and passive engagement that 'like/dislike' promote.
    Last edited by zsas; 12-05-2011 at 09:01 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    How 'bout a Yelp-like: useful, funny, or annoying?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I don't think a like/dislike feature has any place on this site. In the context of fb, the like button allows people to maintain a "social" relationship with a single click. I've never seen a successful implementation of a similar feature on a forum like this--it's either ignored or it creates trouble. A dislike feature is just mean-spirited.

MDR
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I absolutely dislike like/dislike Buttons and the mentality behind it.

Dominik

MDR
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Btw. People using the like and dislike Button should read this interview with Richard Stallman founder of the Free Software Foundation http://rt.com/news/richard-stallman-free-software-875/

Dominik

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin