Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,524   Posts: 1,543,863   Online: 896

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Will APUG implement Like/Disklike button?

It would be pretty good I guess...what you say?
    OM-1n: Do I need to own a Leica?
    Rolleicord Va: Humble.
    Holga 120GFN: Amazingly simple yet it produces outstanding negatives to print.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Personally, I disagree. I don't like the fact that everything nowadays ought to look like a social network.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I certainly hope not! Like what? Dislike what?
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Doubt that there exist such a feature.
    However, there are similar things for forums, like "cred" buttons, and "+" buttons, to rate answers in a thread, usually they are hard to see and hardy used. =)
    Last edited by Helinophoto; 12-05-2011 at 04:50 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    -
    "Nice picture, you must have an amazing camera."
    Visit my photography blog at: http://helino-photo.blogspot.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mooseontheloose View Post
    I certainly hope not! Like what? Dislike what?
    I personally like the post about mechanical SLR cameras, certain development methods, printing techniques and so on...Okay, I agree Dislike do not make sense.

Shooter
    35mm
    vBulletin software does offer a topic rating feature, but its not active.Personally I don't think its necessary as good topics have a lot of posts.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If Sean puts in a Like/Dislike button for the Like/Dislike button I will click Dislike.
    Last edited by lxdude; 12-05-2011 at 05:32 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Dislike !

Ron

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The new version of our search engine optimization tool has the functionality. It is implemented on DPUG but the links are "Like | Share" but I am unsure it is a good fit for APUG. The benefits of it are that when content is "liked" you can then go to various views to see all of the most liked content on the site. In a list of threads if you see "75 likes" next to the thread title you know it must be good. Some might find that useful. Individuals also end up with counts of how many likes they have received, maybe this encourages better posts not sure. The share option allows for instant sharing of APUG content to social networks. This is what it looks like on DPUG (it is somewhat non-invasive):

There are also "like trees" that show most liked content throughout the site. I have not shown any screens of that.

But, like some say, myself included... I am getting a bit burned out on the whole social networking thing. If people really want this we could probably have it available as an option that you activate, but not on by default.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sometimes I like the entire thread(esp., threads under printing or developing section) and other times I like the individual comments. If my liking are listed under my profile it will be very helpful for me to share with someone or to read it by myself.

Just my thoughts...

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin