Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,000   Posts: 1,524,338   Online: 752

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1115161718192021
    Shooter
    35mm
    Reading this thread has caused me to gently fondle my F3

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Halka View Post
    Reading this thread has caused me to gently fondle my F3
    Fondle away, it won't make it a Canon F1N
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm
    It is too bad though that Nikon left out the film cutting knife.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    Fondle away, it won't make it a Canon F1N
    Haha, I guess not (I posted that comment while I was maybe halfway through this thread).

I really like the look of the New F-1 though. It's sad that the EOS transition left perfectly good (L-types, even) lenses sitting in the dust. Maybe I'll pick one up at a later point, although a T-series camera probably wouldn't kill my wallet

@OP, those pictures are great. Do you have a favorite film-developer combination?

Quote Originally Posted by Yashinoff View Post
    It is too bad though that Nikon left out the film cutting knife.
    This is the first time I hear of this, was it a camera feature?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    [QUOTE=Halka;1485573]Haha, I guess not (I posted that comment while I was maybe halfway through this thread).

I really like the look of the New F-1 though. It's sad that the EOS transition left perfectly good (L-types, even) lenses sitting in the dust. Maybe I'll pick one up at a later point, although a T-series camera probably wouldn't kill my wallet

@OP, those pictures are great. Do you have a favorite film-developer combination?

My Canon FD lenses were never " left sitting in the dust" I'm still using them on my Canon FD bodys 25 years later. I don't need a Canon EOS, autofocus is automation I don't need for the type of photography I do, and is just something else to go wrong.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Halka View Post
    snip...

This is the first time I hear of this, was it a camera feature?
    It was on some cameras, for instance my Exakta VXIIa had on the bottom a small knob, which when unscrewed and pulled out cut the film - so you could expose (say) a few frames, then remove the film for processing.

oms

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by philosomatographer View Post
    So long after starting this thread, the Nikon F was not a gear-acquisition fad. This camera is an eternal masterpiece, and the first-generation optics are a joy to work with. I just developed these:
    Great shots, both at the beginning of the thread and now.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by E. von Hoegh View Post
    It was on some cameras, for instance my Exakta VXIIa had on the bottom a small knob, which when unscrewed and pulled out cut the film - so you could expose (say) a few frames, then remove the film for processing.
    And coupled with cassette to cassette film transport also allowed one to switch film emulsions mid roll if they wanted to. Or forgo rewinding/opening a cassette if you planned on developing the film right away anyway (just cut the film and spool it off of the take up spool, instead of rewinding it into the cassette).

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin