Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,909   Posts: 1,556,135   Online: 1054

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dali View Post
    To me semi-auto means that the meter is coupled with aperture and speed settings and that metering is done without stopping down (unlike most of M42 cameras for instance). This is how this type of cameras is defined in some countries.

Regarding OM camera behavior, I am aware of it as I own OM cameras since 1983.
    I think that I recall that sort of use of semi-auto as well - from about the time of the Olympus FTL
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick A View Post
    I put one of those "grip adapters" on my OM-4, and it helps. I have since put winder-2's on all my OM's, no more problems with them feeling small. Naturally, if you hold one properly you don't have that, as you are supposed to rest the body in the palm of the left hand and gripping the lens, whilst the right is for shutter release and film advance, not a death grip..
    Yes, of course, but not having anything to hold onto doesn't help for carrying the camera in the many minutes or hours you're not pushing the button. :-)

Shooter
    127 Format
    I always carried my OMs in my left hand, by the lens, under the body. It's an easy lift to the eye while bringing my right hand to position. Typically I have the strap wrapped around my left hand for security.
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I love mine:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01331.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	696.5 KB 
ID:	42901
    " A loving and caring heart is the beginning of all knowledge " ~ Thomas Carlyle ~

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin