Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,555   Posts: 1,545,022   Online: 853

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Pliobond (a contact cement) is what is often recommended for camera leather. I've used it (for that purpose) and it works well.
    "Far more critical than what we know or do not know is what we do not want to know." - Eric Hoffer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Another vote for contact cement. I use it for bellows, camera leather, etc. It should work fine on a focusing ring. I even used it to put a rubber mat onto the head of a Majestic tripod.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Pliobond is the standard adhesive in the camera repair industry for sticking leatherette and other coverings to metal.

It's quite resistant to temperature and humidity extremes, yet the parts can be separated if necessary for repairs in the future.

- Leigh
    “Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.” - Plato

Shooter
    35mm
    ... but Pliobond stinks. Or, at least it used to. The smell eventually goes away but it takes a while as I recall.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BobD View Post
    ... but Pliobond stinks. Or, at least it used to. The smell eventually goes away but it takes a while as I recall.
    Pliobond is not sold at the perfume counter.

- Leigh
    “Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.” - Plato

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Pliobond. Ace Hardware. Michaels craft store. I use it on all bellows I replace. It does stink until it dries. Great stuff. Make sure to stir it before use.

Shooter
    35mm
    With contact cement (like for gluing veneer) , the bond is permanent, you won't be able to get the grip off for service. it'll have to be ripped off. No epoxy, crazy glue, cyanoacrylate or clear rubber cement found in art supply stores. Use brown rubber cement like "Pliobond" or "Goo" (NOT "Goop"). They cure to pure rubber and can be separated when need be. John

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin