Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,550   Posts: 1,573,059   Online: 822

Shooter
    Multi Format

Yashica Electro 35 G

Yes, I'm a Goodwill shopper. I happen to have a lot of luck finding photo frames that are still in their original packaging and the prices are great. While I was looking around for some vintage frames in really good shape (which I did find), I also found a Yashica Electro 35. The dot in the middle of the view finder is nice and bright...and so is the yellow square. It's missing the yellow cover over the light. The red cover is intact. The battery even works. (Duracell, in case you're curious.)

So, after shelling out a whopping $2.95 for this camera (and reading everything I can about it), I'm looking forward to shooting with it.

Any advice as I've never used a rangefinder before.
    I love the smell of fixer in the morning...It smells like...PHOTOGRAPHY!

The photo blog has moved...
    I Love Film : by Susan McNutt, the mad photographer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have had several GSN and MG-1's, and they are great cameras. The over/under lamps make it easy, the G's I think has the 1.7 lens. If its not working well spend a evening watching tv and work the aperture ring, winder, shutter release. Also be light on the shutter release, at about half stroke the lamps should be working. With lens cap on under lamp should light,, remove lens cap point lens at bright light over lamp lights. Put in your favorite roll of b/w film and have fun.

David
    Forgot to add I have found nothing at our Goodwill, when I ask they show me some old plastic p&s. Have had some luck on the bidding site, you have to watch the shipping cost.
    Last edited by one90guy; 12-09-2011 at 12:20 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    “Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.”
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

Shooter
    Multi Format
    David, thanks! I'll certainly do that!

I don't much visit the auction site. I just visit the three we have in town. Most of the plastic P&S cameras they have are beyond broken. :/ I did find a TON of old Kodak disc cameras and I picked up an old Kodak 35 with a flash that worked. It's not a bad camera.
    I love the smell of fixer in the morning...It smells like...PHOTOGRAPHY!

The photo blog has moved...
    I Love Film : by Susan McNutt, the mad photographer

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin