Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,727   Posts: 1,515,067   Online: 1098

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by waltereegho View Post
    How exactly does one "digitally insert film"? Just curious
    With your fingers (digits)
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    35mm SLRs are so inexpensive these days. Anyone shooting a lot of 35mm should have a box of SLRs to choose from
    Yes this ist true, I only have 3 of them, all I payed the full new money back in the analog days, I will never sell them! I do them only use 2-3 times a year so!

Cheers Armin
    Good light and nice shadows!

www.artfoto.ch

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Focus No. 9 View Post
    So,there are raindrops on the cactus. I thought I would get a few macro shots. Picked up the Canon T50, inserted fresh batteries and the film won't auto load. Press on the shutter release and the damn thing just beeps at me. WTH. The T70 and I just don't get along. It tells me there is film loaded and I can get 40 shots before I realize something is amiss...ready to throw it in the nearest lake or river if only there was one. So I pick up my Pentax Super load some B&W film and the camera may or may not take a shot horizontaly. I did manage to take a vertical shot (after twelve frrames of whatever) after holding the shutter release for about ten seconds and the beeeping and the flashing viewfinder and shake and more aggravation and it too is destined for the trash bin. I $%#*'ing give up. I was hoping to feel better after writing this but I don't. C'est la Vie
    "Modern inconveniences". Get an all manual, mechanical body which accepts whichever lenses you like using.

If there is no water nearby to toss it in, perhaps you could shoot it?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by waltereegho View Post
    How exactly does one "digitally insert film"? Just curious
    By using all the digital dexterity and patience and finesse you can muster.
    Digital. Made easy.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
    If only cameras were designed by photographers instead of marketing people.
    If only, but like all consumer goods it's about convincing people who have stuff to be dissatisfied with it and buy more, and I'm afraid if photographers designed them with the practicality s of picture taking in mind and not the gee whiz factor of cameras with nine metering modes that impresses the general public they wouldn't sell many.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A few things to try with your T50 and T70:

1) Press battery check button (clears errors on the T90)
    2a) Depress and release stop down lever
    2b) Remove and reinstall lens
    2c) Lock/unlock aperture ring
    3) Open and reclose battery door
    4) Reload film
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    If only, but like all consumer goods it's about convincing people who have stuff to be dissatisfied with it and buy more, and I'm afraid if photographers designed them with the practicality s of picture taking in mind and not the gee whiz factor of cameras with nine metering modes that impresses the general public they wouldn't sell many.
    Well, the original Leica was designed by a photographer and is solidly aimed at practical picture taking.
    That is also what many people criticise Leicas for: lack of "features"...
    M6, SL, SL2, R5, P6x7, SL3003, SL35-E, F, F2, FM, FE-2, Varex IIa

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Rol_Lei Nut View Post
    Well, the original Leica was designed by a photographer and is solidly aimed at practical picture taking.
    That is also what many people criticise Leicas for: lack of "features"...
    The Leica has all the features it needs. What it lacks are useless complications.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by flatulent1 View Post
    A few things to try with your T50 and T70:

1) Press battery check button (clears errors on the T90)
    2a) Depress and release stop down lever
    2b) Remove and reinstall lens
    2c) Lock/unlock aperture ring
    3) Open and reclose battery door
    4) Reload film
    You forgot "5) Toss the piece of crap in the rubbish."

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Eschew complication - get a pinhole or a large format box camera. Then all you need is a watch with a sweep second hand to track the time. Or get a little more sophisticated and get a modern large format camera that takes interchangeable lenses with built-in shutters. Then the problems you're having will never plague you again, and the others that occur will still be infrequent, easy to work around, and in large part, your own fault for forgetting to do something. And there's almost zero depreciation curve if you buy used, so if something does break, it's almost always worth fixing.

If you insist on sticking with 35mm, get something with known reliability, like a Nikon F/F2/F3, a Minolta XK, or a screw-mount Pentax. I'd include my own favorites (Contax 167mt/RX, Contax G1/G2) but the glass is pricey and many folks don't fully trust them - dunno if the reputation is deserved or not - I've never had to get the G's fixed at all, and the one 167mt I had to have fixed just needed the focusing screen clip replaced. I took the Contax SLRs to a lot of challenging environments including tropical jungles in Belize, Thailand and Cambodia without a hitch. The G's have been around the US, to Argentina, Puerto Rico and Spain with no problems aside from normal battery replacement.
    Last edited by TheFlyingCamera; 12-22-2011 at 11:42 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin