Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,225   Posts: 1,532,663   Online: 834

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by guitstik View Post
    You have to to have the sarcasm filter set to "yes" to allow. Some times snide comments will inadvertantly be filtered.
    Wasn't really a snide remark, its the truth about screwmebay.I won't sell on ebay anymore anyway, the fees are out of hand,I used to be a powerseller too, I rather throw out cameras I'm not using than pay those idiots to sell stuff to other idiots who try to scam paypal with fraudulent claims.

As for the FE the price I got was $144 to repair and it will be stone reliable when it comes back, but if you want to get a F3 that is a good option also.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have been considering either an F3 or the FE for an addition to my F and F2 that I currently have. From what I have found, the FE is better than the F3 because it has a brighter finder with the match needle meter instead of the L.E.D. Now I just have to find one in good condition.
    Thy heart -- thy heart! -- I wake and sigh,
    And sleep to dream till day
    Of the truth that gold can never buy
    Of the bawbles that it may.

www.silverhalidephotography.com

Shooter
    35mm
    I would look for a FE2.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by guitstik View Post
    I have been considering either an F3 or the FE for an addition to my F and F2 that I currently have. From what I have found, the FE is better than the F3 because it has a brighter finder with the match needle meter instead of the L.E.D. Now I just have to find one in good condition.
    I've been using an FE for the past year + and love it. The meter is hard to see when you have a couple of filters on, but I've gotten use to it. I just got an F3 last night for Christmas and have yet to shoot with it, but the LCD meter is a little harder to see but there is a little light button the right hand side of the prism to help see your metering....the F3 has quite a few more features than the FE. My favorite so far to try is the switchable viewfinders. Having a waist viewfinder will make a LOT of what I do much easier as I like to stay close to the ground on a lot of shots.

I say to get both as they are pretty easy to find a very decent price.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by fstop View Post
    I would look for a FE2.
    +1

But, you do lose the ability to use non-AI lenses.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thats true, but if using a modern camera you should have the right lenses for it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    From what I have read, the FE2 wouldn't fit my needs. All I have are non-AI lenses and I would rather not have to put out more money for AI lenses.
    Thy heart -- thy heart! -- I wake and sigh,
    And sleep to dream till day
    Of the truth that gold can never buy
    Of the bawbles that it may.

www.silverhalidephotography.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin