Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,702   Posts: 1,548,462   Online: 867

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi Rob,
    I have a om4-ti that came with the 1-14 screen. I read a tip on Photo.net some time ago that an OM-40 (om-PC) has a bright screen, somewhat like a 2-13. The suggestion was to find a broken OM-40 and salvage the srcreen from it. I followed that route and installed that screen: it is brighter than the 1-14! You may want to try the same. Cheers, Jan.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jajong View Post
    Hi Rob,
    I have a om4-ti that came with the 1-14 screen. I read a tip on Photo.net some time ago that an OM-40 (om-PC) has a bright screen, somewhat like a 2-13. The suggestion was to find a broken OM-40 and salvage the srcreen from it. I followed that route and installed that screen: it is brighter than the 1-14! You may want to try the same. Cheers, Jan.
    I have read rumors about this, but I dont notice a difference when I look into my OM-PC vs my OM4Ts in brightness with the same lenses.

John Hermanson, can you chime in on the validity of this? Olympus truth or just lore? 2-13 screens are close to impossible to find, and when they appear the price is just plain scary.

Shooter
    35mm
    Dang, I sold a BGN OM4T a while back for $250 and it had a 2-13 in it. Should have swapped out for the 1-13 I have sitting on the shelf.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mls64 View Post
    Dang, I sold a BGN OM4T a while back for $250 and it had a 2-13 in it. Should have swapped out for the 1-13 I have sitting on the shelf.
    The last one sold in November for $187, which is about the going price of an excellent condition body OM4T on the bay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Olympus-Focu...-/170686264028

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I've had luck converting screens from other cameras to fit my OM2's
    The minolta screen from a XG is nice, but is quite a bit wider than olympus. A screen from a canon t50 only requires a little bit of trimming.

That said, the prism in the olympus just doesnt seem to give much contrast to the viewfinder.
    Go not to the elves for counsel, for they will say both yes and no.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Newt_on_Swings View Post
    The last one sold in November for $187, which is about the going price of an excellent condition body OM4T on the bay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Olympus-Focu...-/170686264028
    At those prices, I'll definitely take the one out of my current OM4T if I ever sell it (not likely..).

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    The OM4/4t were designed to be used with the 2 series screens.

If you use one of the 1 series screens in them, the meter reading will be in error.
    The 1 series screens will work with any OM, but the clear field screens will not give correct meter readings on the 1's and 2's. The 3's and 4's will meter correctly with any screen. The 2 series screens can only be used be used on 3's and 4's.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    The brighter screens can be used on the OM2 on auto mode with no changes. The Om2 uses off-the-film metering in auto mode and so will meter the same regardless of which screen is used.

Note that using the om2 in manual mode and using the built-in meter with a bright screen or clear field screen will require an adjustment of the ISO.
    Go not to the elves for counsel, for they will say both yes and no.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin