Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,702   Posts: 1,548,462   Online: 867
      
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18
  1. #11

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    7
    Hi Rob,
    I have a om4-ti that came with the 1-14 screen. I read a tip on Photo.net some time ago that an OM-40 (om-PC) has a bright screen, somewhat like a 2-13. The suggestion was to find a broken OM-40 and salvage the srcreen from it. I followed that route and installed that screen: it is brighter than the 1-14! You may want to try the same. Cheers, Jan.

  2. #12
    Newt_on_Swings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,903
    Quote Originally Posted by jajong View Post
    Hi Rob,
    I have a om4-ti that came with the 1-14 screen. I read a tip on Photo.net some time ago that an OM-40 (om-PC) has a bright screen, somewhat like a 2-13. The suggestion was to find a broken OM-40 and salvage the srcreen from it. I followed that route and installed that screen: it is brighter than the 1-14! You may want to try the same. Cheers, Jan.
    I have read rumors about this, but I dont notice a difference when I look into my OM-PC vs my OM4Ts in brightness with the same lenses.

    John Hermanson, can you chime in on the validity of this? Olympus truth or just lore? 2-13 screens are close to impossible to find, and when they appear the price is just plain scary.

  3. #13
    mls64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    48
    Dang, I sold a BGN OM4T a while back for $250 and it had a 2-13 in it. Should have swapped out for the 1-13 I have sitting on the shelf.

  4. #14
    Newt_on_Swings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,903
    Quote Originally Posted by mls64 View Post
    Dang, I sold a BGN OM4T a while back for $250 and it had a 2-13 in it. Should have swapped out for the 1-13 I have sitting on the shelf.
    The last one sold in November for $187, which is about the going price of an excellent condition body OM4T on the bay.

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Olympus-Focu...-/170686264028

  5. #15
    darinwc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    2,054
    Images
    157
    I've had luck converting screens from other cameras to fit my OM2's
    The minolta screen from a XG is nice, but is quite a bit wider than olympus. A screen from a canon t50 only requires a little bit of trimming.

    That said, the prism in the olympus just doesnt seem to give much contrast to the viewfinder.
    Go not to the elves for counsel, for they will say both yes and no.

  6. #16
    mls64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by Newt_on_Swings View Post
    The last one sold in November for $187, which is about the going price of an excellent condition body OM4T on the bay.

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Olympus-Focu...-/170686264028
    At those prices, I'll definitely take the one out of my current OM4T if I ever sell it (not likely..).

  7. #17

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    273
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    The OM4/4t were designed to be used with the 2 series screens.

    If you use one of the 1 series screens in them, the meter reading will be in error.
    The 1 series screens will work with any OM, but the clear field screens will not give correct meter readings on the 1's and 2's. The 3's and 4's will meter correctly with any screen. The 2 series screens can only be used be used on 3's and 4's.

  8. #18
    darinwc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    2,054
    Images
    157
    The brighter screens can be used on the OM2 on auto mode with no changes. The Om2 uses off-the-film metering in auto mode and so will meter the same regardless of which screen is used.

    Note that using the om2 in manual mode and using the built-in meter with a bright screen or clear field screen will require an adjustment of the ISO.
    Go not to the elves for counsel, for they will say both yes and no.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12


 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin