Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,554   Posts: 1,545,007   Online: 753

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm

Olympus OM 4Ti - Focussing screen 2-13

Hi all,

I have been trying to find this focussing screen 2-13 for my recently purchased OM-4Ti, but with no success.

I get along well with the standard 1-13 screen which I have in all my OM's, but just wanted to try this as this seems to be quite a bit brighter.

What do you think: is it actually worth trying to find this brighter focussing screen? Does anyone have an idea what the price level is for this?

Thanks for your ideas.

Cheers from Switzerland.
    Rob

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's very rare, unless you purchase the OM-3Ti, which comes with the 2-13 as standard .

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have seen two of these sell on e-bay in the last two years. If I remember correctly, price was over $200.
    Dave

"She's always out making pictures, She's always out making scenes.
    She's always out the window, When it comes to making Dreams.

It's all mixed up, It's all mixed up, It's all mixed up."

From It's All Mixed Up by The Cars

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Beattie also makes a brighter screen.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Doesn't Maxwell make bright screens for 35mm? I just got one for my Rollei. Bill Maxwell was very pleasant to talk to. Worth a try.
    Jeff

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Wont changing the focusing screen in an OM4 / OM4t change the metering values?
    I dont think they use off-the-film metering like the OM2.
    Go not to the elves for counsel, for they will say both yes and no.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The OM4/4t were designed to be used with the 2 series screens.

If you use one of the 1 series screens in them, the meter reading will be in error.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm
    The 2S, 3, 3Ti, 4, 4T etc. meter through the semi silvered mirror to a cell in the mirror box floor. Focus screen has no affect on metering. 2-4 and 2-13 are very hard to find and expensive. You can buy Beattie Intenscreen, though new they will still run about $120 ea. If the cameras mentioned DIDN'T meter through the mirror, you wouldn't need a special screen because the finder would be as bright as an OM-1/1N/2/2N. John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the correction John .
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for your ideas.

Well I guess I'll just stick to the current 1-13 which suits me well, the cost for an alternative screen to be more than 100$ seems too stiff to me.

Happy Xmas to all

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin