Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,571   Posts: 1,545,531   Online: 1170

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Enable 1V personal functions w/o EOS Link software?

Hey everyone, I was wondering if it is possible to enable/disable the Personal Fuctions of the EOS 1V without te EOS Link software? I don't have the cable or software, and to my knowledge it doesn't even work on Mac OS X.

I'm interested in trying some of the functions but I can't seem to find a way to enable them without the cable and software.

Any ideas?
    - Abram

35mm / 120

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I found this on Canon's Japanese web site and hope it might be of use to you, although I'm not sure what you'd need as far as that missing cable connector goes.

EOS Link Software ES-E1 Version 1.20 for Mac(Nov. 24, 2000)

Reading about, it seems there might be dramas getting it to run on newer Macs, although not being a Mac user, I've no idea about that. Sorry!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I work on a Mac mostly, but for my 1V, I dedicated an old EEE PC (netbook) running windows XP to the task - the software is really small, and so a terrible/underpowered netbook is perfect. The software is one thing, but the cable is the killer - usb to Canon proprietary plug with a mystery box in between - I just gave up in the end and bought one :-(

Marc!
    Marc Morel
    photographie argentique!
    ------------
    http://mrmarcmorel.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use an old XP box for my older 1 series digis but the 1V needs that cable.
    CPS still supported the 1v a year or so ago but iI'm not sure if they recently dropped eligibility for this wammer/jammer.

I wanted to get the software up & running because I have a problem with gear.
    I like to have everything working up to spec but there really aren't any PF's that are that great unless you are perhaps a sports shooter.

I didn't know you scored a 1V Abram.
    Congratulations.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by munz6869 View Post
    I just gave up in the end and bought one :-(
    Is that smiley there for good reason? IOW, was it expensive?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Sorry to hijack the thread but what does the canon software support / offer?

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi Paul,
    Perhaps this link will explain http://www.canon.com/camera-museum/t...05/200005.html

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by sandermarijn View Post
    Is that smiley there for good reason? IOW, was it expensive?
    On the rare occasion that these come up for grabs, the asking price is generally around the $400 mark so I'd say Marc's little sad face back there is justified.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by brucemuir View Post
    I use an old XP box for my older 1 series digis but the 1V needs that cable.
    CPS still supported the 1v a year or so ago but iI'm not sure if they recently dropped eligibility for this wammer/jammer.

I wanted to get the software up & running because I have a problem with gear.
    I like to have everything working up to spec but there really aren't any PF's that are that great unless you are perhaps a sports shooter.

I didn't know you scored a 1V Abram.
    Congratulations.
    It was mostly to experiment with some of the settings, mostly the "silent shutter". I wanted to see if it was like the 1D in that respect. None of the features are too mission critical, it's basically just to appease my curiosity.

And thank you Bruce! It was a great score, I made an offer on one that was extremely clean. Only had 25 rolls through it

I am absolutely loving this camera so far. It's a beast!
    - Abram

35mm / 120

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Molli View Post
    On the rare occasion that these come up for grabs, the asking price is generally around the $400 mark so I'd say Marc's little sad face back there is justified.
    Sorry, I misread the smiley for a happy one. That price is obviously nothing to be happy about.

I don't understand this from Canon BTW. First they make a proprietary cable for their flagship camera- fair enough though slightly annoying and unnecessary. Then they discontinue that camera without keeping some stock of the accessoires? This is a professional camera, come on.

Fortunately I only own the lousy 1N

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin