Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,082   Online: 781

Shooter
    35mm

Pentax PZ-20 Inappropriate Lens warning with built-in flash and Promaster 28-200AF

I tried out my new-to-me Pentax PZ-20 yesterday with my new-to-me Promaster 28-200/3.8-5.6 AF lens (S/N 001908) and noticed that at focal lengths shorter than about 135mm the camera gives me an "inappropriate lens warning" with the built-in flash. This lens seems to be bigger around than my 35-70 lens but about the same length physically. Any ideas why the 28-200 would cause the camera to give an inappropriate lens warning with the built-in flash where the 35-70 would not? The manual over at cameramanuals.org says that an inappropriate lens warning is given for lenses with focal lengths shorter than 28mm, which this one is not.

Thanks,
    ME Super

Shooter
    35mm
    Well I have a definite maybe on whether I should pay attention to the "Inappropriate Lens" warning on my camera. In some of the pics that came back from the lab, there's a little vignetting at the bottom of the frame. In others there isn't. I think if I go out to about 50mm focal length when using the built-in flash, I should be fine. Of course I could just get another flash but at this stage I'm almost out of film so film comes first. Besides I have a nice 50mm f/2 MF lens that would work on this camera if I really need it.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin