Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,500   Posts: 1,571,602   Online: 1312

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Canon 1v: Custom function to increase frame spacing?

Hi

I'm just wondering if anyone know if it is possible to increase the spacing between the individual frames on the Canon 1v?

I am having difficulties with the scissors when I cut the negatives into individual strips of 5 frames, often biting off a little bit of the next frame, even with small scissors.

Seems like it should be room for a little bit of increase, because I always end up with a lot of free space on either end of the roll.

Does anyone know?
    Last edited by Helinophoto; 12-28-2011 at 08:36 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    -
    "Nice picture, you must have an amazing camera."
    Visit my photography blog at: http://helino-photo.blogspot.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    They sell small guillotine back lit film cutters, they pop up from time to time. Would be a good option if you couldnt find a software fix to your problem.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Newt_on_Swings View Post
    They sell small guillotine back lit film cutters, they pop up from time to time. Would be a good option if you couldnt find a software fix to your problem.
    I have one of these and it works great with both 35mm and 120 film: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Film-Cutter-D...item3367777b2f
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Haha, thanks!

I didn't even knew that such a thing existed, funny invention =)
    -
    "Nice picture, you must have an amazing camera."
    Visit my photography blog at: http://helino-photo.blogspot.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use a small paper cutter that has a translucent base, over my light box. Not quite as convienent as that linked cutter, but it works well.
    As for programming the camera; I'd expect it's not likely, as the film transport is generally a purely mechanical function.
    It would take a lot of really complicated code, too.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin