Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,900   Posts: 1,584,403   Online: 737

Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Compact 35 with large lens?

I have had a Rollei B35, I have a Minox 35 ML and recently got ahold of a Balda CE 35 and also has a Olympus XA around here.....
    Of these I note that none has a lens bigger than f:2.8

So I was wondering what was the most compact 35mm with a lens (preferable collapsible) larger than f:2.8?

Of the cameras mentioned above, I never did like the Rollei, found it a clutz to use, and would never go for the "advanced" Rollei 35......
    I like the Olympus but the RF is cramped to use, and the user interface also takes a little to get used to.
    I like the Minox for its flat compactness, but prefer the Balda, has its first film in it now, and look forward to compare sharpness with the Minox/Olympus....

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I think you mean large aperture and not large lens?

Konica Auto S3, Vivitar ES 35, Minolta Hi-Matic 7SII rangefinders all have f:1.7 lenses and are quite compact. Not as compact as the cameras that you have mentioned, but still jacket-pocketable.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Your'e right large aperture, my bad.
    But you know of none in that size with a collapsible lens?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    If money is no object, a Leica M3 with a collapsible 50mm f2 summicron, $2k'ish
    Last edited by zsas; 12-29-2011 at 12:54 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Mentioned wrong lens
    Andy

Shooter
    35mm
    I think a Kodak Retina folder camera may be suitable for you; The Retina IIA has a Schneider Xenon 50mm f2.0 lens, but is fully mechanical (no meter) and is still 1.5 times the size of an XA.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I was looking for something more modern than a Retina, have one of those in f:2,8, excellent camera, from the time when afficinados actually wanted something from Kodak!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    More modern in what way? The lens on the Retina line is hard to beat. Seriously. Incredibly sharp, beautiful look.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Is AF ok? Konica Hexar and Leica Minilux/CM come to mind. But both aren't really small.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    More modern handling characteristics, I use a LOT of old cameras, but have to reset my head for each of them, coupled film advance or not etc etc.

I was thinking more along the lines of the cameras mentioned in the OP.

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Have a look here: http://www.cameraquest.com/com35s.htm

And if you want a "large lens", then there's the Yashica Lynx 14 with a huge f1.4 light sucker.
    And the sign said, "long haired freaky people need not apply"

Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin