Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,533   Posts: 1,544,006   Online: 1043

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Older Canon EOS

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Tim,
    What is budget?
    The 1n is a very good deal considering what you get for the money.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    In my opinion, the reason to choose an EOS camera over a more traditional SLR is whether you want to use auto focus or not. With regard to exposure, any camera with exposure automation is pretty much "point and shoot" in many/most situations. Certainly in daylight an aperture priority "traditional" SLR set to F8 or F11 is most likely going to set a useable shutter speed. As far as EOS, I have an EOS 300v/rebel Ti, and these are as cheap as chips and work perfectly with all (I think) of the EOS lenses. I much prefer my OMs, but the 300v is handy when I want fast auto focus.

Shooter
    Instant Films
    Quote Originally Posted by brucemuir View Post
    Tim,
    What is budget?
    The 1n is a very good deal considering what you get for the money.
    The 1n would probably be a little more then I'd like to spend on a body. Even the Elan 7 probably has a little more 'stuff' then I want to start with. Trying to stay simple unless I find a deal I can't resist.
    I really want to keep it under $150 for a body and ok starter lens. I hope that is a realistic goal. Not looking at anything fancy to start with.

Tim

X. Phot.
    I just found this review on the Elan 7. As I only use M42 mount lenses, not supporting manual lenses would kill my desire to own one. But, I would love to get my hands on one to try and prove/disprove that observation.

http://photonotes.org/reviews/eos-elan-7/

Shooter
    35mm
    my favorite EOS film is the RT, its the same as the 630 but with no mirror black out when you take the picture, so like a rangefinder, you can actually see the moment of exposure..todd

Shooter
    Multi Format
    TimJ I tried to do a private message but I messed up. You look up AE-1, A-1 or the F-1 , FTb all are good bodies.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a 650 and it's a lovely camera. It does now suffer from the gummy bear sticky shutter, so it's in drydock until I can get around to sorting it. I would heartily recommend the eos5 as it is one heck of a camera for the cash. Its lighting fast af, fantastic metering, super bright finder and a similar size to the 650. Its also whisper quiet and by far my favourite canon I own.
    If you add in the vertical grip, though the eye controlled focus doesn't work in portrait it makes shooting portrait an absolute pleasure.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Tim - I have a Rebel G that I'd gladly give you for the cost of postage. I'm sending from Canada though. I have 2 other Canon film cameras and this one is in excess to my needs. And it comes with a neato pinhole body cap!
    Let me know...
    -----------------------

Segedi.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've actually got a full Rebel G EOS kit for sale in the Classifieds. I should probably drop the price on it a tad.

That being said, I would keep it if I didn't already have two 650's and a Rebel Ti
    5x7 Eastman-Kodak kit / B&L 135mm Zeiss Tessar + Compur Deckel
    4x5 Graphic View, made in USA! New project
    RB67 Pro S /50 4.5 / 90 3.8 / 180 4.5 / WLF / prism finder / polaback
    Random 35mm stuff

Shooter
    Instant Films
    Thank you Jeff. Even if I don't find one that meets my needs for right now I'm going to keep an eye out for one. They do look like a nice system.

Tim

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin