Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,472   Posts: 1,570,948   Online: 793

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No, I was taking the lens apart for a bit more cleaning. I retained and set aside the little aperture detent bearing, but when I was putting the lens back together, my fumble fingers lost the bearing. So, now there's no detent in the aperture ring, and it drifts from its setting. It can be locked into place, however, for some of the camera's more automated settings... so it isn't a complete loss. I just want to find a ball and get it back to working properly.
    Camera works fine, though. I have two other lenses, but I rather like 50mm

Shooter
    Multi Format

I've got balls.

Spacer: Years ago I made the mistake of going to National Camera Repair school in Colorado. I bought a bunch of ball bearing balls because as you found out, they tend to vanish to the 4th dimension. A few years ago, some teacher out in North Carolina did exactly the same thing you did with his X-700. He posted a message somewhere and I answered it telling him I had little balls. I didn't know the exact size but sent him four sizes. He fixed it and asked me what I wanted for my troubles. I told him to just post a message in the school paper about how a guy helped him. A few months later, I did a search on my name and up came this article about me giving out my little balls. I contacted him and he said their school paper is now online. I thought that was sort of neat. After all, how many schools now know I have small balls? Anyway, how about you contact me at rictrexell@vbe.com and give my your address and I'll send you my little balls. You can reimburse me for the postage if you want. I have two X-700's and they are a great camera. I bought my first one new in 1985 and it has been in the repair shop once, and I still use it. It has paid for itself many times over just in memories. Anyway, if you can't find a closer source, I can't do this for everybody, but I hate to see a guy lose his balls. Again, the address is rictrexell@vbe.com . Later, Ric.
    P.S. If you are thinking about getting into MF, check out my ad in ebay. It is the Mamiya RB67 Pro S listed under yourbasicdude.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Will do. I have a couple hanging around, but they're way too big. Got 'em for airplane projects.

Oy. I've been browsing the 'bay, and glass for this thing is downright *reasonable*!
    Last edited by spacer; 01-01-2012 at 12:48 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin