Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,212   Posts: 1,532,046   Online: 1207

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by dynachrome View Post
    No manual focus 105mm f/2.5 Nikkors focus to two feet unless they have been modified.
    Okay, I stand corrected: I just mounted mine and measured the closest focus distance, and it's exactly 29.5"...so, basically two and a half feet, or .75 meters. I knew it was less than three feet, but I was off by a bit. Thanks for prompting me to check that.

Shooter
    35mm
    In the old days we measured focusing distance from the focal plane mark on the top of the camera. This can add several inches if we include the length of the lens to the mounting flange and the film to flange distance.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by dynachrome View Post
    In the old days we measured focusing distance from the focal plane mark on the top of the camera. This can add several inches if we include the length of the lens to the mounting flange and the film to flange distance.
    I measured from the lens mount. So, add an inch or so.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by E. von Hoegh View Post
    I have the non-Ai Sonnar type, and it is one of the finest 35mm lenses I have ever used. Incredibly sharp for distance, and a really great portrait lens.

edit- a great source for Nikon info http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography.../htmls/models/
    I also have several versions of the Nikon 105/2.5 and, like others have said, the pre-AI Sonnar-type is the best for portraits.
    —Eric

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by j-dogg View Post
    You should see what it does on a Canon dSLR with an adapter.
    Makes it produce marvellous slides and negatives?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin