Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,537   Posts: 1,544,276   Online: 768

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 378910111213
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by John Koehrer View Post
    Up to post #109 before someone bothered to mention that!
    Exposure compensation adds or subtracts exposure to the film and does that by CHANGING THE EXPOSURE not by magic.
    Well, the EV dial on many models changes one of the 3 values of the system. The value I've sen altered for all cameras I have owned is ISO, not Av or Tv. In fact, my Minolta has no EV dial, and the manual says for EV compensation shot-by-shot, change the ISO instead.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by laroygreen View Post
    Thanks!

I've already written most of the "script" for the documentary, just need to actually put together an interview list (people willing to be interviewed and sign a release), work on the schedules and plan the final presentation and find someone to collaborate with (to help editing the script, etc.).

I'm also registering a small company which will handle any legal liabilities, such as if I interview someone who discloses something they shouldn't or if someone trips on a wire and sues, as a small company (LLC), my personal assets are completely separate and protected.

This also allows me to take out insurance, though that aspect is proofing a little more difficult as most insurers only provide property/estate insurance, i.e. if someone gets injured or if your gear gets stolen from the company premises, your covered, if it happens elsewhere, your tough out of luck. I should be able to get around it though.

I've also compiled a list of gear on BH and Keh to order, not much stuff I need, just recorder, camera, lens, film and a few other miscellaneous items. Everything else, I already own or can borrow.

So ... full speed ahead, for better or worse
    Great... go full steam ahead. I didn't get the impression that you were quite that organized or, for lack of better word, profesional. Why are you sweating equipment, then? Insure your gear if you can and keep affordable back-up gear in case something gets damaged or stolen. Bring a friend (or friends) to watch your back, and use the gear you are already familiar with. I assume you are happy with the results you get from your current gear. If you want to go retro for "artistic reasons" then ignore that suggestion.

Interestingly, I have similar interests but it seems like we are complete opposites: I do not fit into the rougher neighborhoods I sometimes shoot, I don't worry about getting my wallet or gear stolen (because I tend to be so cautious that I'll be long gone before the bad person gets near me... unless he jumps from a rooftop while I'm standing on the sidewalk below)... and I shoot only film with very limited experience with digital and histograms, etc. All I know is that histograms are interesting but (for me) provide so much data that I get distracted from image making.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Aristophanes View Post
    Well, the EV dial on many models changes one of the 3 values of the system. The value I've sen altered for all cameras I have owned is ISO, not Av or Tv. In fact, my Minolta has no EV dial, and the manual says for EV compensation shot-by-shot, change the ISO instead.
    On the Nikons the EV compensation dial is attached to the ISO dial... so I'll bet it changes the ISO setting. It really doesn't matter which of the 3 values one changes to compensate their exposure as long as one knows how to do EV compensation (either for off-nominal scene exposure "correction" or pushing/pulling purposes) and the effect/impacts.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    On the Nikons the EV compensation dial is attached to the ISO dial... so I'll bet it changes the ISO setting.
    It must be as you loose the ability to adjust compensation when you have the ISO dial all the way to end. It looks like this applies to all cameras with compensation adjustment.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Aristophanes View Post
    The point is, exposure will be changed no matter which of the variables is used. If you use a higher or lower ISO the camera will use either a faster/slower speed or larger/smaller f stop. It's the way it is and shall always be. =)
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 378910111213

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin