Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,986   Posts: 1,524,002   Online: 876

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Hi all from Reading.

Hi All.

Checking in to introduce myself, originally I was shooting 35mm and 'Super 8' back in the early 80's and the 90's shooting the steam engines at crofton beam engines, where I was a volunteer along came redundancy in 1999 and my foray into digital with a coolpix 990, and a canon EOS late 2000's. After clearing out my late fathers house in 08 I came across my grandfathers kodak box brownie model c.

Anywho on this round of redundancy I been thinking of going medium format when funds get better, I fancied the look of the Kiev 88cm, done a lot of researching on it, got some mixed feelings from certain sources but have decided on saving up for a used hasselblad 500.

With that all said and done, I respooled some 120 film so I can try out my grandfathers box brownie, it was nerve racking to say the least trying to get it done in pitch black, but I now have a 'brownie' with a No1 showing in the little red window, so only time and nerves will see what the results are like.

TTFN

Rich

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello Rich. I hope you your Brownie!

Jeff

Shooter
    35mm
    Welcome to APUG, Rich. There's another member here from Reading but I can't remember his name. I visit Reading every now and then and I always pop into the little camera shop near the station and buy some films.
    Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to apug and good luck with your Brownie.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi Jeff.
    Thanks I will, I'll have get used to composing the shot rather than chimping then deleting a useless pic. The videos on u-tube make it look too easy to re-roll for a brownie.

Hi Steve.
    I know the one you mean 'station cameras' I was in there today, getting my roll of 120 and talking to an assistant about the kiev.

Hi Jesper, thanks.

Rich.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I used to live in Reading, until my now-wife stole me away to California some 12 years ago...

I'm impressed that Station Cameras is still going. At one time there was three shops in the town, Station Cameras, LCE, and Jessops.

Graham
    I feel, therefore I photograph.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Just on the subject of box cameras, I thought this was a wonderful link. Check out the kodak girls.

http://box-camera.blogspot.com/

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamp View Post
    I'm impressed that Station Cameras is still going. At one time there was three shops in the town, Station Cameras, LCE, and Jessops.

Graham
    Graham,

There still are. All on the same street.
    Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello Rich and welcome to APUG from SE WI.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG!
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin