Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,296   Posts: 1,535,708   Online: 903

Thread: Hello zere

Shooter
    35mm

Hello zere

Hello APUG community,

My name is Max and I've decided to join this forum after having spent quite a while just reading the posts.

I come from France (the title is not a mistake), but this year I'm living in Quebec city, Canada for my last year of studies in geography (hence my name). Next year I will be starting a thesis back in France.

I did quite a bit of film shooting a few years back, developing in my parents bathroom. I then dropped the cameras bit by bit to concentrate on other aspects of my life (mostly studying and mountain climbing). But photography has always been in the back of my mind, and now I have a little more time and money, I am eager to hop back into the trade.
    I bought a P&S digital camera a few months ago, fine for sending pictures to friends by email and looking at them on my little laptop. But I just can't get my head around the whole process from the camera to a nice print (and don't want to either). So I am looking to build myself a system the will take me through the years and when I go back home this summer I will start putting up a darkroom in MY bathroom.

Thats about it,

Max

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello and welcome to APUGland!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Welcome to APUG and their are many experts here who can help with any questions you may have.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    35mm
    Thank you for the welcome, indeed I will probably have a few questions. I also like randomly looking at the subjects that interest me as many inspiring posts come up!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Max - hello and welcome to APUG from western Massachusetts USA!
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG, Max.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello Max and a warm welcome to APUG.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello Max and welcome to APUG.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Welcome to APUG :Max and Canada. Photography has always been my passion.

We own an art gallery just outside of Ottawa that while small has a bloody good reputation. We display our photos and other arts there. We have many friends who stop by to chat photography Feel free to stop by anytime but Monday, as we are closed that day.

You can find us on the web. Just google 3 yellowtuiips.

Hope to meet you.

Don

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin