Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,497   Posts: 1,543,058   Online: 873

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Oly_Man View Post
    Hello Sam, I'm another newby, though I wish I could say I was only 19...try doubling it and adding a few
    Please don't think I'm patronising but I'm really glad to see youngsters like you getting into traditional photography. From what I generally see around me, most of your generation only seem interested in iPhones (etc). If they talk at all about film-photography, then they discuss it in a way which makes it sound like an artefact from Noah's Ark, not something which was very easily the primary medium until around 2005.
    Aside from the iPhone/instagram crowd, a lot of people my age are getting into film but only because all of a sudden its become very fashionable to do so. They go into charity shops and buy whatever camera looks "vintage" enough and post the photos to Facebook to comments like "oh it looks soooo retro/arty" etc. It's annoying because because film is something I'm really serious about, and I get accused of being one of these people a lot. :/

Thank you for the warm welcomes

Sam

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello and a warm welcome to APUGland!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sam - hello and welcome to APUG from western New England.
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin