Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,605   Posts: 1,622,528   Online: 1136

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Hey all from Buckinghamshire

Hi I'm Sam, 19 from Aylesbury, Bucks. I got into photography kinda by accident when I came out of school with only 2 qualifications and took a GCSE photography course on a whim, I was given a Olympus Trip and a couple of rolls of film and got hooked. The course itself was awful, a hell of a lot of writing and reasearch but very little photography. The only good part was the black and white darkroom in which I spent all of my time.

I now have my own processing equipment a home since I finished, I shoot mainly 35mm in a Zenit E and my Trip and a little bit of 120 in my Seagull tlr. I don't really have a specific style, mainly i take photos when out an about with friends, like a documentary of my life i guess.

I love experimenting with different film and developers, and i joined this site to learn more about developing, and to contribute my own findings of course!

Sam Harris

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello Sam, I hope you enjoy being here.

Jeff

Images
    Good Morning, Sam,

Welcome from southwestern Illinois, just across the Mississippi from St. Louis.

Konical

Shooter
    35mm
    Sam,
    Welcome from Central Illinois (near Peoria and Bloomington, Illinois).

ME Super

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome from Wigan Lancashire. The more the merrier.

Shooter
    35mm
    Welcome!
    Steve.

Shooter
    35mm
    Hello Sam, I'm another newby, though I wish I could say I was only 19...try doubling it and adding a few
    Please don't think I'm patronising but I'm really glad to see youngsters like you getting into traditional photography. From what I generally see around me, most of your generation only seem interested in iPhones (etc). If they talk at all about film-photography, then they discuss it in a way which makes it sound like an artefact from Noah's Ark, not something which was very easily the primary medium until around 2005.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG, Sam.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello Sam and welcome to APUG.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Oly_Man View Post
    Hello Sam, I'm another newby, though I wish I could say I was only 19...try doubling it and adding a few
    Please don't think I'm patronising but I'm really glad to see youngsters like you getting into traditional photography. From what I generally see around me, most of your generation only seem interested in iPhones (etc). If they talk at all about film-photography, then they discuss it in a way which makes it sound like an artefact from Noah's Ark, not something which was very easily the primary medium until around 2005.
    Aside from the iPhone/instagram crowd, a lot of people my age are getting into film but only because all of a sudden its become very fashionable to do so. They go into charity shops and buy whatever camera looks "vintage" enough and post the photos to Facebook to comments like "oh it looks soooo retro/arty" etc. It's annoying because because film is something I'm really serious about, and I get accused of being one of these people a lot. :/

Thank you for the warm welcomes

Sam

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin