Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,544,929   Online: 857

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

First Film Developed!

I just developed my first film for about 25 years, and my first 120 film ever. It's a test roll to try different exposures (as per the recommendation on Roger Hicks' site) shot with my new Bronica ETRSi on Delta 100, developed in ID-11 1+1 for 11 minutes at 20 C. It's drying at the moment, so I haven't had a chance to evaluate it, but I'm thrilled that (apart from 4 frames where I forgot that the dark slide was still in the back) the negative has images on it...

Which also means that my darkroom is operational, although I still have a slight light leak around the door that is just visible in the daytime when my eyes are fully adjusted (after 4 minutes or so) to the dark. So for this roll I loaded the tank at night, but I'll fix the light leak so I can use the darkroom in the daytime soon.

Life is good!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well done! Let it be the first of many to come.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    YAHOO!!! Welcome back to the dark side, and to medium format.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    From one Andrew to the next, welcome back!!!
    Andy

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Congratulations!! What fun, eh?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Great to here! Welcome to APUG.

Jeff

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    congrats on getting back into it-----the thrill of seeing the negative right out of the tank and the image forming on the paper is never ending.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Awesome! Hope you continue shooting and developing film!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew.roos View Post
    ... but I'm thrilled that (apart from 4 frames where I forgot that the dark slide was still in the back) the negative has images on it...
    Hmm, I thought the Bronica shutter would not fire with the dark slide in. That's how I missed an unexpected shot of a passing freight train early in my Bronica SQ-A history! Of course, I suppose if the slide isn't in firmly it might not interlock, yet block the exposure.

Anyway, congrats on your giant step forward.

DaveT

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DWThomas View Post
    Hmm, I thought the Bronica shutter would not fire with the dark slide in. That's how I missed an unexpected shot of a passing freight train early in my Bronica SQ-A history! Of course, I suppose if the slide isn't in firmly it might not interlock, yet block the exposure.

Anyway, congrats on your giant step forward.

DaveT
    Of course you're right Dave - but even the best fail-safe can be defeated by some idiot.... In my case, it goes like this: on a windy day above a 1000 foot cliff, I decide to try mirror lockup for the first time. Lock the mirror up, press the remote cable release - wow that leaf shutter is really quiet, I didn't hear a thing over the wind. Move the mirror lockup to the unlocked position, and note that the image has not appeared in the viewfinder, so the shutter must have fired. Repeat three times.

Of course, what I knew but didn't connect until after taking those four images, is that moving the mirror lockup lever to the unlocked position will fire the shutter... even when the dark slide is engaged!

Fortunately it was just a view site about a mile from my home, so I can go back any time.

Cheers and thanks for all the encouragement,
    Andrew
    Last edited by andrew.roos; 02-05-2012 at 12:13 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin