Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,535,831   Online: 818

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Welcome to APUG matey

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hey dCat -- welcome back to real photography. Bummer about the darkroom stuff, but look on the bright side -- I don't know about Houston, but here in Utah both Craigslist and a free on-line classified by a local TV station regularly shows people selling off whole darkrooms -- some with really nice gear -- for dirt cheap. I found a near-mint Leitz Focomat Ic, with lens, at a local Thrift Store for $35, if you can imagine. I already had one but bought it anyway and sold it to a friend who is now deeply smitten.

So enjoy -- and check around. If you put the word out you are interested in gear it is highly likely someone will call and ask you to take the stuff off their hands.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome aboard APUG.

(I'd probably the "member he knows here from a non-photo board. So blame me!)

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    Welcome aboard APUG.

(I'd probably the "member he knows here from a non-photo board. So blame me!)
    Yep, blame Roger...
    Last edited by DCat22; 02-12-2012 at 01:43 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    I have noticed in the past few days.....as the outfit I bought came with motor winder, long lenses, and a pile of other accessories and filters... I've already played with it, stripped it all off, and am back to just the base camera with a 50mm lens.

Hopefully that means if I get the urge to buy stuff (GAS it seems ya'll call it? ) I can just dig into the drawer and play with something I already have for a while.

I have seen a lot of good deals on full darkroom setups. Space is an issue, but I know I could make it work....just going to see if I stick with the shooting before pushing ahead on that end. I think I will at least get enough to develop the film though, loaded in a bag. Seems strange to send B&W off...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by DCat22 View Post
    I have noticed in the past few days.....as the outfit I bought came with motor winder, long lenses, and a pile of other accessories and filters... I've already played with it, stripped it all off, and am back to just the base camera with a 50mm lens.

Hopefully that means if I get the urge to buy stuff (GAS it seems ya'll call it? ) I can just dig into the drawer and play with something I already have for a while.

I have seen a lot of good deals on full darkroom setups. Space is an issue, but I know I could make it work....just going to see if I stick with the shooting before pushing ahead on that end. I think I will at least get enough to develop the film though, loaded in a bag. Seems strange to send B&W off...
    GAS = Gear Acquisition Syndrome.

It usually doesn't cost many AMUs, though.

For the rest - AMU - Aviation Monetary Unit, or $1000, a pilot term to try to make spending a thousand bucks less painful!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Welcome! The Glasell School of the MFAH is committed to wet photography/darkroom. They offer regular semester length and summer classes year 'round. I don't live there now but took several classes there before i moved. Their instructors are fantastic and highly accomplished and knowledgable -wish i could still take classes from them. I believe they also have a course in alt. processes. Their darkroom is pretty good and well maintained, especially for a school gang darkroom. Check them out-wonderful folks there. Tell them Harry sent you!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin