Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,219   Posts: 1,532,261   Online: 824

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    One day, I'm hoping to completely eliminate digital from my workflow. But I don't see that happening anytime soon. =P

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG. You might check out Medium Format. Check out KEH, good prices.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by desame.one View Post
    One day, I'm hoping to completely eliminate digital from my workflow. But I don't see that happening anytime soon. =P
    If you hang around here long enough you'll find that many people have a digital camera or two in their arsenal for those occasions when it's handy. They have their place.

Shooter
    35mm
    Yes.
    I carry a digi point and shoot around because it's tiny and fits in my pocket and driving for a living I want the ability for instant record shots of any incident/accident etc that might happen, and sometimes at work I'll come across a shot that's too good to miss and it's the only camera handy so I've taken some nice shots on it....but when I'm out photographing I usually take one shot per location just to register the EXIF data so when I write up my notes later I've got time and date etc all recorded there instead of worrying about writing it all down at the time. Point, click, there's my notes!
    Also use it for a rough check on exposure if I'm tryin for a different look. Gives me a good idea what I'm gonna get on the film.
    Also handy for giving to kids to play with when they want to join in the fun....here, play with this and don't break my film cameras or waste my film!
    Apart from that, film all the way!!!!

Welcome to the world of film!!!

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've been lurking for the past few weeks. Immediately, I noticed the signal-to-noise ratio is much better here compared to the Fred Miranda forum. I won't even bother comparing against DPReview's forum. Perhaps film folks also have more character and soul than the digital guys. =P
    You'll make ALOT of friends here with comments like that!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to the forum. Any question you have will be answered here.

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've been lurking for the past few weeks. Immediately, I noticed the signal-to-noise ratio is much better here compared to the Fred Miranda forum. I won't even bother comparing against DPReview's forum. Perhaps film folks also have more character and soul than the digital guys. =P
    Oh god, DPReview..I make it a point to try and avoid their forums. terrible....terrible photography too...

..../facepalm.

ANYWAY, Welcome!

And If I say so myself, for scanning, Richard Photo Lab is pretty much the best in the universe if you're going to send anything color if you want awesomeness and consistency. IMO anyone shooting film should try them out at least once.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome, I did something similar, or, I started out with 90% Digi and 10% analogue, lately it's more like 70%-80% analogue and the rest is the evil stuff. ;-) Ph*o*s*p can do much of character, but it's a very different way to do photography.
    Analogue is more of a craft to me....more hand-made, more fun etc, the other half of the puzzle we call _actual_ photography.
    I find it hard to compare the two because they are so different. (I do advanced D* stuff, so I am much more confident in that medium than in the analogue world....still ).

An dpreview is a mess of tech-nerds fighting over which gadget is better than which.....has nothing to do with photography imo

Anyway, welcome, make sure to post some cool shots as you go along ^^
    Last edited by Helinophoto; 02-13-2012 at 07:26 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    -
    "Nice picture, you must have an amazing camera."
    Visit my photography blog at: http://helino-photo.blogspot.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Helinophoto
    ...tech-nerds...
    I resemble that remark - tech-nerd. Computer geek. It's all kind of the same.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ME Super View Post
    I resemble that remark - tech-nerd. Computer geek. It's all kind of the same.
    Me too, and I claim the title.

OTOH, it's one of the reasons I enjoy film and darkroom. Computer technology is my job and closely related to many of my other hobbies. It's good to get away from it and get my hands wet.

But I've not been on that forum, and guess I won't bother. I'm on this one and another smaller analog only one, plus the large format board. That's enough digital socializing in my hobby that "gets me away from the keyboard!"

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin