Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,202   Posts: 1,531,556   Online: 1116

Thread: Dutchie

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Dutchie

Discovered this site last week and decided to sign up today, looks like a great site!

Am a member of a dutch site which has both traditional and digital photography, and sometimes get tired of the questions about which new model should be purchased...(digital that is..)

I (try to) do streetphotography, portrets mostly. Just spent a year in China studying and taking pictures. Learned a lot there, but lots more to be learned. I used a darkroom before, and hope to have one of my own in the foreseeable future. I use a Eos 5 and 50mm mostly (just had to sell of my L 70-200 1:4, a lens I truly loved and now have to use the, way to slow, 70-210 1:4 ) and am thinking of switching from t-max to tri-x. When not shooting bw I use sensia (cause it's affordable).

Onno Visser (Ouyang is my Chinese name, I'm not Chinese though..I do study Sinology ).

p.s I'll be heading over to my girlfriend in NY next month, if anyone has any tips as to where to go for interesting shots....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome!!
    I'll give you a good piece of advice for your upcoming visit to NY (even though I do not live there) I think when you go some place new, you should take pictures of the things YOU find interesting. I have found that many people who live in an area never think to recommend spots that are really cool because they see them so much that they've lost their 'intrigue'!
    So sure, when you come, visit places recommended by the locals, but also read some guide books & venture out on your own, too! And welcome to America (in advance), and welcome to APUG (now)!
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

City lites

BW Girl- that may be well and true out in cowland but in NYC every block is an entire world. if you can't find something interesting to photograph in NYC then you must be blind! Clue:stay away from tourist traps and find some neighborhoods-downtown,eastside,westside,all around the town. Soho-Photo Gallery on White Street-great collective gallery in Tribeca;also very cool neighborhood
    Regards Peter

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ouyang
    Am a member of a dutch site which has both traditional and digital photography, and sometimes get tired of the questions about which new model should be purchased...(digital that is..)
    Hoi Onno,

Heb je gezien dat er ook een nederlandse sectie van apug bestaat?
    Wilbert
    http://www.photovergne.com
    Cours photo en Auvergne

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome and I'm sure your find yourself at home quite quickly here. Also good to see another street photographer, so look forward to seeing your (analog) pictures

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by argentic
    Hoi Onno,

Heb je gezien dat er ook een nederlandse sectie van apug bestaat?
    Ja 'k heb t gezien en zal daar ook zeker de threads in de gaten houden, maar twee fora zijn wel genoeg. De andere site waar ik ook meedoe is Fotoapparatuur.nl, apug lijkt voor analoge fotografie toch wat meer te bieden.

GRoeten Onno

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    THanks for the welcome guys/ladies,

I'll be sure to post some stuff as soon as I've got some decent scans!
    Should take about a week (or two..)

Best,

Onno

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Welcome to the site Onno. I am always interested in seeing street photography. It's something I really should try myself.
    [size=1]the all new darkplanet photoblog[/size][size=1]
    [/size]

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ouyang
    De andere site waar ik ook meedoe is Fotoapparatuur.nl, apug lijkt voor analoge fotografie toch wat meer te bieden.

GRoeten Onno
    Dat is ook de reden waarom apug bestaat. En in zoverre is het ook geen concurrent van fotoapparatuur.nl.
    Wilbert
    http://www.photovergne.com
    Cours photo en Auvergne

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin