Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,291   Posts: 1,535,423   Online: 785

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Hello from Canada

Hello, my name is John Cox and I've been browsing threads here the past few days and was impressed by the content and quality; I hope I have something decent to contribute and I'm sure I'll learn a lot.

I've been working as a photographer for the past seventeen years from when I started covering after school activities for a local newspaper. I started out with a Polaroid land camera and currently shoot Digital, Bonica MF, and leica M/L39. My most loved film is TXP 320 (120/220) and still have some as I buy it whenever I see it. If you know of any that the owner will part with let me know. I also have a large collection of toy/box cameras from 1886-1970.

I really like working with film because of the sheer deliberation involved. Taking a picture with film forces you to slow down and pay attention to composition exposure and focus. I feel this is lacking in a lot of photography today.

I live in Orangeville Ontario but will be moving to Toronto in the near future.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hello John - welcome to APUG from the southwestern corner of the country!
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello John, and welcome to APUG. Glad to see you here.
    - Derek
    [ Insert meaningless camera listing here ]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by John cox View Post
    Hello, my name is John Cox and I've been browsing threads here the past few days and was impressed by the content and quality; I hope I have something decent to contribute and I'm sure I'll learn a lot.

I've been working as a photographer for the past seventeen years from when I started covering after school activities for a local newspaper. I started out with a Polaroid land camera and currently shoot Digital, Bonica MF, and leica M/L39. My most loved film is TXP 320 (120/220) and still have some as I buy it whenever I see it. If you know of any that the owner will part with let me know. I also have a large collection of toy/box cameras from 1886-1970.

I really like working with film because of the sheer deliberation involved. Taking a picture with film forces you to slow down and pay attention to composition exposure and focus. I feel this is lacking in a lot of photography today.

I live in Orangeville Ontario but will be moving to Toronto in the near future.
    Hello John, from Paul in the mountains of Western Canada.

"I really like working with film because of the sheer deliberation involved. Taking a picture with film forces you to slow down and
    pay attention to composition exposure and focus. I feel this is lacking in a lot of photography today."

I really like your attitude!

Now, where is Ontario...is it anywhere near Ottawa?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello John and welcome to APUG.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Regina Canada (sounds more fun than it is)
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi John, from another fellow Canuck located in the middle of the Prairies. I too love TXP and has some 120/220 in my freezer that I am not willing to sell as it is one of my favorite films ever. Glad you like the site, some of us spend a lot of time here.
    Once a photographer is convinced that the camera can lie and that, strictly speaking, the vast majority of photographs are "camera lies," inasmuch as they tell only part of a story or tell it in a distorted form, half the battle is won. Once he has conceded that photography is not a "naturalistic" medium of rendition and that striving for "naturalism" in a photograph is futile, he can turn his attention to using a camera to make more effective pictures.

Andreas Feininger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome John, I hope you enjoy APUG.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Welcome, John, from Melbourne, Australia.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG from Western Canada

Regards
    Gord

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Welcome John from Pakenham Ontario. That is just outside of Ottawa.

My wife and I own a small gallery called the 3 yellow Tulips here. We have a lot of folks come in to discuss photography hee. We sell a lot of B/W here. Please feel free to come by any time and introduce yourself.

Hope to meet you soon.

Don

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin