Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,938   Posts: 1,557,315   Online: 986

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bienvenue de la part d'un autre montréalais!
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Regarding places to shop for stuff, I now stay away from Lauzeau. Just about everything I ask for they reply "I think it's been discontinued"! I do all my local shoping at Photo Service. They have no problems ordering my RA4 chemicals. But really, all of my film and paper is ordered from B&H. When I calculate shipping and taxes, it's still at least 25% cheaper than buying/ordering within Canada (Henry's or Vistek) and certainly a lot cheaper than buying in Montreal, and it's delivered to my door!

Have fun

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Pasto View Post
    Regarding places to shop for stuff, I now stay away from Lauzeau. Just about everything I ask for they reply "I think it's been discontinued"! I do all my local shoping at Photo Service. They have no problems ordering my RA4 chemicals. But really, all of my film and paper is ordered from B&H. When I calculate shipping and taxes, it's still at least 25% cheaper than buying/ordering within Canada (Henry's or Vistek) and certainly a lot cheaper than buying in Montreal, and it's delivered to my door!

Have fun
    I also order film from B&H. A roll of Tri-X costs $2 more in Montreal than what you pay for it when you order from B&H, and this includes shipping. Of course, you have to order at least 20 rolls for this to be worthwhile. Someone is making a hefty profit on Tri-X in Canada.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Agree with Pasto and Richard. I still buy some of my chemicals and film here, but I get my paper from B&H so whenever I need to order paper it's worthwhile throwing in some film and chemistry while I'm at it. For some of the more oddball films and chemistry I've also ordered from Freestyle and DigitalTruth on occasion. Photographers Formulary also. We get ripped off pretty bad here on a lot of things.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin