Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,299   Posts: 1,535,788   Online: 706

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    35mm
    You know what Andrew? I just took a look at your website. Beautiful images you have! I really enjoy the Assemblage. But from the look of some of your others, you may be interested in the old Georgia Pacific mill in downtown Bellingham that's in the process of being torn down. The site is locked down with security(which I know some photographers have snuck in, but not with large cameras like yours) but I've heard they're allowing photographers on site with a tour guide for a fee to photograph the old structures before being completely demolished. That may be up your alley if you're willing to pay the price.
    "If it can be written or thought, it can be filmed." - Stanley Kubrick

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Welcome. It's a wonderful place.
    "There is a time and place for all things, the difficulty is to use them only in their proper time and places." -- Robert Henri

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    O hai
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cscurrier View Post
    Washington in general has nearly anything and everything you could want! I assume with those sizes of cameras you probably stick to landscape and there are lots of options there.
    Don't forget southeastern Washington state. Highway 26. Between, say, the Lacrosse cutoff and Pullman. The Palouse. Staggeringly minimalist as far as the eye can see, if that's one's cup of tea.

Ken
    Last edited by Ken Nadvornick; 03-26-2012 at 12:15 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Tightened the western boundary...
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cscurrier View Post
    Washington in general has nearly anything and everything you could want! I assume with those sizes of cameras you probably stick to landscape and there are lots of options there. Just north of Bellingham is plenty of farmland and wonderful old farm homes if you like. Or if you're up to a little drive to the East towards Mt. Baker(it's been a long long time since I've been out there but...) there are plenty of nice views, especially of Mt. Shuksan with Baker Lake or Artist Point. Those last two view points are some of the more infamous of the area. Another popular spot, especially if you like to do some hiking with those beasts, would be Chuckanut Bay/Larrabee state park area. Those are all a few ideas closest to the Bellingham area. If you ever plan to explore some more of Washington I could possibly help with some ideas, too. I recommend you google the above locations if you are not familiar with them. I'm sure plenty of photos will pop up to help represent them!
    Here are some examples of what the road up toward Mount Baker can yield. All shot on Kodak Portra, using an RB67.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Baker-15a-14d.jpg   Baker-15a-16c.jpg   Baker-15b-01c.jpg   Baker-15b-06c.jpg  
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin