Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,982   Posts: 1,523,885   Online: 1067

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm

Hello fellow film lovers.

I've been skimming through this forum for a little while now and should probably introduce myself. I'm amazed and so appreciative at the wealth of knowledge here. It's incredible. I mainly shoot 35mm with my two ME Supers. But I also enjoy hunting through thrift stores for bargain cameras and have acquired a couple Polaroid land cameras and vintage medium formats taking 620 or 120 film. Though my experience is pretty limited with MF, I really hope to shoot some more 120 film in the near future. I love film because it constrains me to be patient and working in a darkroom is the only way I can relax. I'm sure most of you can relate.

Thanks again to everyone contributing here. I hope to learn lots in my endeavors and to possible share what I've learned to help out, as well.

Cameron
    "If it can be written or thought, it can be filmed." - Stanley Kubrick

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG, Cameron.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    35mm
    I am jealous. You have two ME Supers. Great little cameras. Welcome to APUG.
    ME Super

Shoot more film.
    There are eight ways to put a slide into a projector tray. Seven of them are wrong.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Glad to hear you find such joy in film, tis so calming and bliss! Welcome!
    Andy

Shooter
    35mm
    It is calming, isn't it? Plus the excitement of seeing 24 or 36 never-before-seen images when the roll is developed.

ME Super

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cscurrier View Post
    I love film because it constrains me to be patient and working in a darkroom is the only way I can relax. I'm sure most of you can relate.
    Absolutely.

And welcome from just down south of you, in the Sultan/Monroe area part way up Highway 2 headed to Stevens Pass. Lots of people from Washington state joining lately.

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

—Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Southern Forest Region, Western Australia
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Love?

Funny word really, I suppose I do, but I use film for the simple and practical reason that it produces the results I need and I still have my old commercial darkroom, transported to the south west when I moved to the forest

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I shoot mostly Canon full-frame digital, Canon 35mm EOS and pre-AI Nikon, but I've always been fond of the ME Super.

Welcome, you're in the right place
    5x7 Eastman-Kodak kit / B+M 135mm Zeiss Tessar + Compur Deckel
    RB67 Pro S /50 4.5 / 90 3.8 / 180 4.5 / WLF / prism finder / polaback
    FED-2 / 50 2.8 Industar 26m / 85 f2 Jupiter-9
    Canon 300v / A2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello Cameron and welcome to APUG.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Hi Cameron, a pleasure to meet you. Lots of great info here for sure, on just about every photography process under the sun. I enjoy hanging out at this place when I get the chance. Pretty area up there where you're at. I was raised in SouthEast Alaska, on Wrangell Island to be exact, and we took the ferry to Prince Rupert, BC and then drove down through your way quite a bit.
    Have a great weekend!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin