Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,472   Posts: 1,570,961   Online: 788

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Hello from Baxter

Hello all

Based in Lymington on the South Coast of UK where I keep myself out of trouble by going out and taking pictures of the New Forest and Coast. I use a 5x4 nearly all of the time and am happy to use both Colour and Mono films in the camera. Most of my images go onto my website www.baxterbradford.com once I have fiddled with them to achieve a presentable standard.

I use colour tranny film(mostly Velvia classic) and a variety of B+W which is processed in PMK at the kitchen sink. Very glamorous. No, I don't have an apron, neither am I writing to Santa for one either! Once I have the developed film, I scan using a Flextight and process digitally; abiding by my self-imposed rules that I may only do what might easily have been achieved in the darkroom.

I try to sell my prints locally through exhibitions and submit to Bluegreen pictures in Cowes on the Isle of Wight www.bluegreenpictures.com

When not taking pictures, I look after our two young children when they are not at school and attempt some multi-tasking around the house and in the garden.

I have just been made aware of this great forum by Kathy Harcom. I hope that I am able to make a worthwhile contribution and learn from you experts.

Bax
    www.baxterbradford.com www.bluegreenpictures.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Welcome Baxter from the other side of the world; Hawaii. I am looking forward to seeing some of your images; the ones on your website are quite impressive.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Greetings and welcome Baxter from a little further around the coast. PMK at the kitchen sink? No worries we'll get you onto Rodinal before Christmas and that's more glamorous LOL

Shooter
    Medium Format
    welcome bax - it is becoming quickly apparent that there are 2 factions on this site ... those who do rodinal, and those who tan amd stain ... I wear my brown/green leathery fingers with pride and I suspect you do too

good to have you here.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon
    it is becoming quickly apparent that there are 2 factions on this site ... those who do rodinal, and those who tan amd stain ...
    I sure that there are some of us who do Velvia ... at least I hope I'm not the only one .
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by roteague
    I sure that there are some of us who do Velvia ... at least I hope I'm not the only one .
    Your not alone Velvia and Provia but for some reason they don't come out too well in Rodinal

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome Baxter!
    I love your images! The arch on the coast is wonderful, but I think my favorites are the B&W cottages on the sand dunes.
    Hm..... I saw a couple pictures with a welly in them....you people often leave your 'boots' lying about???
    Welcome to APUG!
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Good morning all

Many thanks for your greetings and compliments.

Jeanette As the song goes....If it were nay fur me wellies, where would we be?

Shall we say that they are amongst the more amusing and acceptable objects which I have come across on the beaches.

I didn't realise that developer choice could be so emotive. Syringes at 10 paces at dawn? Shall we say that I did try Rodinal until deciding that it was really worth doing things properly!

TPPhoto aka the Angler? What with my Rod 'n' all, I shall trawl the net and Catchetol!

"Your not alone Velvia and Provia but for some reason they don't come out too well in Rodinal" I'd like to add, neither do B+W films!!!

Robert, I am just ever so slightly jealous of where you are based. (In fact I'm greener than Kuaui at the thought of it!)Had a great 3 weeks there, some time before I was fully into my picture making. A great playground and a paradise for pictures.

Bax

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Baxter Bradford
    Hello all

I have just been made aware of this great forum by Kathy Harcom. I hope that I am able to make a worthwhile contribution and learn from you experts.

Bax
    www.baxterbradford.com www.bluegreenpictures.com

Hey Bax....

A big welcome!!!

Glad you got here and that you will be able to share your wonderful work and expertise.

Kathy

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Welcome from over in Norfolk. I had a quick browse of your site and the elemental gallery was a particular favourite. I look forward to seeing more.
    [size=1]the all new darkplanet photoblog[/size][size=1]
    [/size]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin