Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,544,929   Online: 852

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Greetings from a mid-life noephyte in the middle lands of england..

Hello.

I'm Martin. I live and work in Birmingham, UK, and have done pretty much all my life. Picked up a nikon d40 some 5 years ago, for a song on amazon, and maybe 18 months ago started shooting film, at first with a Braun Paxina 29.

I've stopped buying cameras now, after a Rollei 35 and a Brownie 6-20 and a Nikon F3P and a Pentax ME and a Zenit 12XP and a yashica MAT.

Nowadays, although I've no intention of getting into debates about digital/analogue and one being better in some way than the other, I find myself wanting to shoot film, and print in the dark.

Currently I'm developing film with R09, and paper with a caffenol recipe. My hit rate is pretty low, but every now and again fortune coincides with intent and something comes out that pleases me.

I've hesitated for a good while about calling myself a photographer, but recently a close friend and then a total stranger have placed arguments in front of me that helped hugely. I'm a father, and I have the right to call myself that, even though I may not be the best father, and I don't do it professionally. And thus with photographer.

I've lurked around here a long while, and it's been well useful. Thanks guys. (I'm using 'guys' gender neutrally here )

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello Martin, and a warm welcome to APUG.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG, Martin.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by mawhin View Post
    I've stopped buying cameras now, after a Rollei 35 and a Brownie 6-20 and a Nikon F3P and a Pentax ME and a Zenit 12XP and a yashica MAT.
    Sounds like you have only just started!

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome from just down the road

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You're not a photographer... unless you are. I've been a photographer for 38 years even though I've taken no "real" photos in 28 years. Once a photographer... always a photographer. You are who you are and want to be... nothing more and nothing less. Who are you and who do you want to be? Know thyself.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Martin - hello and welcome to APUG from western New England!
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello Martin and welcome to APUG.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Southern Forest Region, Western Australia
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Wow, where did find the old Braun Paxina 29? - That was my first ever camera bought second hand in Taunton in 1960 when I was even younger than I am now

I suggest you now get rid of any cameras you don't use at least once a month - I am trying to do that now, except for the Rollies for my next trip to UK

Shooter
    Medium Format
    It came up on the auction site. And I try to use them all. It's only the brownie that doesn't get out really - I can't be arsed to deal with 620. And that's staying, because it's pretty.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin