Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,711   Posts: 1,548,676   Online: 1137

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Hello from North Dakota

I've been posting in the other sections for a short while, but I suppose I ought to give a proper introduction for myself.

I guessed you could say I am a recovering digital photographer. About nine years ago I started seriously exploring photography as art after years of just taking snapshots. I started with a Canon AE-1P and worked at it for a few years. People started hiring me to do portraits. I then made the jump into digital with Canon EF gear and eventually opened a photography business. I did youth sports, weddings, portraits and the like. I also explored a bit of photojournalism here and there.

Soon I discovered that the pictures I wanted to capture were not what my clients wanted. I had to decide between what I wanted and the clients, and I closed my photography business and took a full-time job as a newspaper editor. I have since been pursuing photography on my own time.

I got into medium format about two years ago when a friend gave me a bunch of 120 film someone she knew was throwing out. I bought a camera that could use it, and dug right in. I have been discovering the true beauty of North Dakota out here, and I have been trying to share it with the world through photography.

Now, after discovering what I could do with movements and such, I am exploring large format. I have so much yet to learn. I have so much I want to do. This is a really wonderful community and I have been learning so very much from you all. Thank you for that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello and a warm welcome to APUG!

Jeff

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Welcome..North Dakota is a wonderful place and I wish I lived there! Evan Clarke

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome Home Logan !

Ron

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello LoganCAdams and welcome to APUG.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Welcome to APUG

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to Apug. Enjoy the journey.
    Hope to see you up there next year.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Logan - hello and welcome to APUG from western Massachusetts!!
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    NoDak?! Half my family is originally from there (well, Germany really...but you get the point). I spent many summers running around Mandan and hanging out at the farm up near Garrison. It truly is wonderful out there.

Welcome to APUG and glad to hear you are exploring the formats. Everything has it's strengths and weaknesses, so it's good to explore all.
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG. I see that you use a medium format rangefinder, as do I (in my case, a Koni-Omega).
    Charles Hohenstein

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin