Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,714   Posts: 1,514,727   Online: 848

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    8x10 Format

Spotter/Retoucher for prints and negatives

My name is Katherine Gillis. I have been a traditional retoucher/spotter for many years. Whether photographers need their prints or negatives retouched I have the experience to work on color or black and white. I am a graduate of the Veronica Cass School of Retouching in 1991. I have worked for Alan Ross for years spotting the special edition Ansel Adams prints. I have been featured on the North Carolina public television station, WUNC-TV, North Carolina NOW. See the archive of me talking about spotting. Click on the following link to see my segment on the program: http://videos.charlotte.com/vmix_hos...dia?id=1522472.
    Typically photographers want me to do this because I'm very good at it and they don't want to spend the time spotting a print when they could be shooting.
    Call me at 704-607-1039. You can email me at katgillis@comporium.net. My shipping address is: 365 Carroll Cove Road, Lake Wylie, South Carolina 29710.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG Katherine! I try to remember you if I need a spotter/retoucher.

Jeff

ROL
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Doing the Lord's work for sure. As good as I have to be at retouching my own work, I would certainly consider taking a class from a master in order to "brush up" my own skills. Why doesn't the AA Gallery offer a class from you?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG, Katherine.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Wow - I asked in another thread if you had an email contact. Welcome to APUG. I've never really got the hang of spotting; sometimes I make it work bur more often I ruin a print. Professional spitting could be the answer to prayers!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG, Katherine. There aren't too many professionals still out there doing this work, and it's great to see them turning up on the forum. You might try searching for some of the existing retouching threads, and if you have any advice for the rest of us, I'm sure it would be welcome.

If eventually the site brings some business your way, you might consider purchasing a block ad or a banner ad to support the site and get a little more visibility for your services.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear Roger,

"Professional spitting could be the answer to prayers!"

You're supposed to use inks. Spitting or praying will both prove ineffective.
    Leica M6,
    Bessa R4A,
    Rolleiflex(s) 2.8/80, 4/135, 4/55.
    Nikkormat FTn
    Fuji X10

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Leigh Youdale View Post
    Dear Roger,

"Professional spitting could be the answer to prayers!"

You're supposed to use inks. Spitting or praying will both prove ineffective.
    iPhone auto-correct. I was on Tapatalk at the time. It made it "spitting" and I changed it once and the darned thing changed it back. I saw it and edited the post almost immediately but you obviously saw the original. The iPhone doesn't know the word "spotting" apparently, and i and o are beside each other on the keyboard so obviously it was supposed to say "spitting."

And I don't really pray about prints. That's pretty useless. Just a figure of speech.

Good suggestions David....

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Welcome Katherine Gillis!

I dream of the day when I have so much work that I'll get to take advantage of your services. Last week the water dept. shut off the water (to fix the main which busts every big rain). Knowing I had a dry darkroom day, I pulled out the tools and spotted my portfolio. I know how to do it, but I acknowledge that my experience will never rise to your ability. I appreciate that you are here to offer your services.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin