Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,224   Posts: 1,532,548   Online: 1068

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A friendly hello from cold, wet, grey Australia! Newfoundland featured on a mini-doco of Canada on TV down just a here a few days ago. It was about a solo traveller (Brit)— name forgotten, traversing Canada and the NW on motorbike, bus, boat...anything. Not particularly gripping as a presenter, but absolutely beautiful, inspiring scenery and lots of fascinating stuff about lobster fishing, too.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Merritt View Post
    Great stuff. Newfoundland is a great place. I was there in 2001 and would go back in a minute.

Believe it or not, you're the second guy from Fogo whose pictures I've seen in the past couple of days!
    Thanks Nick! Wow, who was the first? I thought I was the only photographer living on the island. A tourist?

Glen

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Glen - Welcome to the fun! Fogo looks like a beautiful place (per your gallery's photographs)! I look forward to seeing your work, best wishes for continued health.

This might interest you if you possibly are looking to get that DR into production in a manner to adapt to your needs, there was a thread here a few months back where Sean (Apug founder) was getting feedback for DR flow to aid a special need re his back, maybe this thread can inspire, if not, start another thread, you know Apug folks love to help:
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum43/9...your-feet.html
    Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Glen, Welcome to APUG.
    Well...there goes the neighborhood...another 'Goofy Newfie' joins the club. Please laugh!
    I have a lot of fond memories of 'New-fun-land.' Lived two years in Stephenville, (Harmon Field).
    You have a beautiful body of work on display, from a beautiful part of the world.
    Thanks for sharing, and again, welcome.

Marc
    Last edited by Marc B.; 05-13-2012 at 12:07 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Spelling

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hi Glen

A very warm welcome to APUG from sunny South Africa. I look forward to seeing some of your work in the galleries. Your collection sounds wonderful, I'm a teeny bit envious. Yes, some of us also shoot digital (like you've I've recently returned to the darkroom after an absence of 30 years), we just don't discuss digital or hybrid techniques, processes or equipment on APUG.

Cheers,
    Andrew
    Last edited by andrew.roos; 05-13-2012 at 01:00 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Welcome to APUG!

Always nice to see new people from other parts of the world. I hope you'll find the place welcoming and informative. I can assure you, this is the place to get advice, opinions and facts. I've always thought of dogs and rain and green landscape when someone mentions Newfoundland.
    Last edited by Jerevan; 05-13-2012 at 01:22 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Glen,

Welcome to APUG. I looked at your landscape and black & white galleries and enjoyed the images. Nice work!

Best regards,

Bob
    Best regards,

Bob
    CEO-CFO-EIEIO, Ret.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG, Glen.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome Glen, from the other end of the country.

And those who also use digital here are more than welcome - we just prefer to talk (type?) about other things.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm
    Welcome to APUG from southern New Jersey,USA

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin