Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,525   Posts: 1,543,902   Online: 1043

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF

Greetings from Fogo Island, Newfoundland!

Hi everyone!

I've been here, lurking in the shadows for quite some time, but I figure it is high time to come out of hiding and become an active, contributing member of this fine forum.

I have had a passion for landscape/nature photography for close to 40 years. I have a large collection of vintage cameras, including rangefinders, SLR's, TLR's, various box/Brownies, etc; even a beautifully mint 1917 Autographic 1A folding museum piece which looks and functions just like the day it was made, over 95 years ago.

I have made eight more additions to my collection over the past couple of months, including two lovely old Soviet-made rangefinders; a FED 2 (D6) and Zorki-4. Also new (to me) is a Yashica Electro 35 GSN, Minolta Hi-Matic "F", Minolta Maxxum 7000i, Cosina CT-1 "Super", Canon AE-1, and a Canonet 28, all of which are in absolutely pristine condition.

I am looking forward to getting to know many of you personally.

Best regards,

Glen B.
    www.FocusOnNewfoundland.com
    Last edited by camperbc; 05-12-2012 at 05:57 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    DSLR's?? Get ready to be pounded here. Try photo.net and largeformatphotography.info (safe haven for small formats).

Some folks are far too passionate about "their" forums.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Hi Old-N-Feeble, I seriously doubt that I am the only member of this forum who has used a digital camera before; I think you should be easily able to glean, from reading my introductory post, that I am quite passionate about analogue photography, and am thrilled to be back in the darkroom again after a lengthy absence.

Glen
    Last edited by camperbc; 05-12-2012 at 06:08 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: typo

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Old-N-Feeble View Post
    DSLR's?? Get ready to be pounded here. Try photo.net and largeformatphotography.info (safe haven for small formats).

Some folks are far too passionate about "their" forums.
    Nothing like a warm welcome(not).

Nice to see someone from the Rock. BTW, very nice work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG Glen! You've got a nice collection of cameras there. Would love to see some of your work in the galleries here.

I've never made it as far east as Newfoundland, but whenever I move back to Canada it will definitely be on my to-do list!
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Glen - hello and welcome to APUG from western Massachusetts!
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello and a warm welcome to APUG!

Jeff

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Ah ha, some friendly fellow Canadians to the rescue! Hi CGW, yes, I was a wee bit dismayed after reading my very first ever APUG reply... Yikes, apparently I was not supposed to mention... ahem... the other popular format too, so I actually went back and removed the offending sentence. Then I felt silly that I had removed the dreaded "D" word, but there you have it. Oh well, a bit of a rocky start, but hopefully smoother roads ahead. And thank-you for your kind comment regarding my photography; much appreciated!

MooseOnTheLoose! Rachelle, from your ID I was certainly able to determine where your roots are! And yes, you will indeed be seeing my work in the galleries here. Although I have returned to film in a big way, I have a serious and unfortunately permanent spinal injury that keeps me bedridden about 80% of the time, so I don't have as many good days (health-wise) for playing in the darkroom as I would like to. And because I live in a rather remote part of the world, (small island in the North Atlantic, a one hour ferry ride off the northeast coast of Newfoundland) the only back-up to doing my own processing is to ship my films out to a decent photo lab in one of the larger urban centres... which can get quite costly, not to mention time consuming. But better late than never, so they say!

Rachelle, I can assure you that a trip to Newfoundland one day would be a positive experience for you. I have lived in Ontario, Manitoba and British Columbia, but the ruggedly beautiful scenery that surrounds me here on Fogo Island cannot be beat. Truly a photographer's dream.

And a big "Thank-you" also to Gene and Jeff for such a warm welcome to APUG. See, my slightly rocky start has already smoothed out quite nicely!

best regards,
    Glen

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by camperbc View Post
    Hi Old-N-Feeble, I seriously doubt that I am the only member of this forum who has used a digital camera before; I think you should be easily able to glean, from reading my introductory post, that I am quite passionate about analogue photography, and am thrilled to be back in the darkroom again after a lengthy absence.
    You're definitely not. My process will be "hybrid" for certain. My post had/has to do with the fact that many APUG members are RABIDLY analog. It seems that those folks are holding back their "opinions" now. What will become of APUG? Mmm... maybe more open minds?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Great stuff. Newfoundland is a great place. I was there in 2001 and would go back in a minute.

Believe it or not, you're the second guy from Fogo whose pictures I've seen in the past couple of days!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin