Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,119   Online: 930

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Welcome Charlie,

I live in Gunnison, Colorado and own a motel here. Glad that other Colorado folks are finding this forum.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you all for the nice welcome, I do appreciate it. I most likely will be a bit slow in posting images as I have a lot of my toys yet in storage, but hope to soon have myself in a position to participate.

A question for Ron Musick, are you familiar with the Alpine Tunnel area? Spent many
    years photographing remains of railway operations in that area. Am a fan of the D&RG,
    Marshall Pass and the Denver South Park and Pacific line from Denver to Baldwin.
    That whole part of the State is fantastic MF and LF country.

Again thank you all for the fine welcome, I am really looking forward to being a contributing part of the group. All take care!

Respectfully,
    C Webb

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello, from another Colorado-an. I live a little bit north of you, in Castle Rock. I think you'll enjoy APUG, I certainly am. -Grant

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome aboard, Charles!

I lived in Denver from ages 2-11, and the beauty of variety of Colorado continues to own a particular piece of my soul. The fam & I just attempted to drive from North Texas to Denver so I could visit it for the first time since 1973, but Alec, my 3-year old son, got food poisoning or something in Kansas, and that blew our schedule, so we had to turn around.

WRT Kansas. I'd never been to Kansas before this recent pre-empted vacation. I found it simply breathtaking. There' seems to be a palette of colors unique to the Kansas countryside. We got as far as Lindsborg, and if I was just a tiny bit more of a type "R" personality, I would have refused to leave, insisted my wife quit her job, pulled my kid out of school and dropped anchor right there and started looking for a school, job and house in that order. Impressed me as the kind of place where no one locks their doors and your wife can walk to the store at 2am with absolutely no safety concerns.

From Charles' summary, I'm sure he'll have plenty to contribute, based on his varied experience.

Once again -- welcome aboard Charles. I'm sure you'll find the signal/noise ratio here MUCH nicer than any other photo site, and when things to get a bit acidic, it's easy just to skip the white noise.

cheers,

-KwM-

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin