Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,571   Posts: 1,545,571   Online: 1056

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Another "Howdy" from Colorado

Kind of stumbled on to this list, been hanging around for awhile then decided to become a member. I live in Canon City, Colorado and my name is Charles Webb. ( Charlie to most everyone I know!)

I am really not just "finding Photography" for the first time but have been involved with it for more than fifty years. In the beginning I apprenticed with several very good photographers, mostly doing portraiture, weddings etc. I graduated from there to my own studio, where I continued doing portraits school photos and a few commercials. Became a member of PPA and went
    through several years of their way of thinking, being a rebel, I rubbed a few
    of their feathers the wrong way with some of my own ideas. I learned a lot during this period of time but knew in my heart that doing baby pictures and
    formal portraits were not my cup of tea.

I soon became involved in starting a photo department with a large toy company. Spent several years there doing new product photos, point of purchase displays, catalog illustrations and of course the executive portraits.

I have spent the last 25 years or so doing catalog and new product illustrations for several manufacturers. Reflecting back, I estimate that eighty
    percent of my work has been done in 8x10 format, the rest in 5x7, 4x5, 6x6, 6x7 and that other format that uses film with perforated edges. :-) I have done a bit of digital photography, but have not been pleased with quality of my results. Most likely the lack of quality was due to my inexperience, I will
    continue to work with it, but I feel more at home and relaxed shooting film.

Having read a few posts, I am not sure that I can add much to the list's discussions as there are many talented and extremely knowledgable folks on line contributing. I am now retired, but still like to play with the big boxes,
    8x10 on down!

Respectfully,
    Charles Webb

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome, Charlie, from beyond the herring pond.

Hans
    Digital is best taken with a grain of silver.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Welcome Charles from Hawaii. I'm a Colorado native myself, but haven't been there for more than 10 years. I am looking forward to seeing some of your images in the gallery.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good to "see" you Charles. I've never even seen a 10x8 camera or LF print in the flesh yet but I am currently awaiting a print from a 4x5 neg from a fellow apugger to see just how good the results of LF can be. Might be a dangerous thing yet, we will see.

Sounds like you may be a little modest in terms of your potential contributuion to APUG. Granted, there are many talented and experienced folks on the site, but I *suspect* from your brief bio you may have a little something to add to the knowledge pool from time to time. As our Hawaiian connection noted, I look forward to seeing some of your images in the gallery.

Again, welcome to the group.

Glenn-down-under
    (Sydney)

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Another "Howdy" from Canada...

Welcome!

joe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome Charles!
    Colorado....ah! One of my favorite states so far! I hope you post some shots of your area!
    I look forward to from learning from you!
    Last edited by BWGirl; 11-26-2004 at 05:17 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: oops...forgot a word!
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Shooter
    Large Format
    Welcome Charles from one state over...the flat one

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Miller
    Welcome Charles from one state over...the flat one
    You mean "Eastern Colorado"?

Just kidding. Kansas is a very beautiful state; I love the rolling wheat fields, and just the feeling of being in farm country.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by roteague
    You mean "Eastern Colorado"?

Just kidding. Kansas is a very beautiful state; I love the rolling wheat fields, and just the feeling of being in farm country.
    Uh huh...Kansas was the origin of the term redundancy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome Charlie I'm sure you'll feel at home in no time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin