Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,493   Posts: 1,542,989   Online: 835

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hi Everyone!

Shooter
    Multi Format

Hi Everyone!

My name is Jennifer, that user name was taken so I had to go with Jenni, Just call me Jen
    Anyway I started out shooting film back in the 90's and got my first Digital camera in 2006, I used it a lot but it was always missing something. So last year I got a Pentax 645 for a good price and started shooting with it, then I realized what the digital lacks. Digital is very fast, you can just shoot and shoot and not think about what you are doing (that was a rut I was in anyway). With film each frame needs to be thought out and treated as if it were your last. Analog photography is much slower and more methodical. I find I'm much more creative and calm using the film then digital. Also I like the tangible aspect of it.

I enjoy developing my own film, B&W and C-41 Going to do some slides next. I've not quite mastered scanning yet, any tips would be great. And I'm in the process of turning my garage into a dark room.

I'm pleased as punch to see that there is a nice community of photographers still using film and I hope to share in the experiences from the forum!

Good Lighting!

Jen

P.S. I now shoot a Nikon F4--- the Pentax 645 was not a good fit for me, so untill I can find a medium format I'm happy with, I'll stick with my F4 (It's awesome).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi Jen, welcome to APUG! I use my garage as a darkroom also.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome home Jen! Make yourself comfortable here .
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hello Jen,
    Greetings from Dayton, Ohi. Glad you joined APUG. Its a fine resource and a three ring circus too. I get a lot out of this site. You will too.
    Lee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    From what I can see so far it's nothing like the digital photo forums I've been on in the past, that's a very good thing! I'm looking forward to getting deeper in touch with my roots

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Welcome, Jen..and enjoy!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Agreed on all points, Jenni - and I love my F4 as well. The only thing I don't like about it is the weight! I argue to myself that the weight helps to stabilize it. Welcome to APUG; there's lots of great people here.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Dear Jen, I couldn't agree more with your words.
    Welcome to APUG and I wish you to find the camera of your dreams, BTW mine is a Rolleiflex.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG, Jen.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG!
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin