Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,654   Posts: 1,481,382   Online: 1055

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No you're not the only one that enjoys shooting film, after first starting digital. For me, when shooting digital, there is a kind of frenetic pace that ensues. It may not look like it as I'm shooting, but inside there's a nervous intensity. OTOH I find film photography to be calming, relaxing and much more cerebral. Welcome to the forum.
    --
    Kenton Brede
    http://kentonbrede.com/

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by kbrede View Post
    No you're not the only one that enjoys shooting film, after first starting digital. For me, when shooting digital, there is a kind of frenetic pace that ensues. It may not look like it as I'm shooting, but inside there's a nervous intensity. OTOH I find film photography to be calming, relaxing and much more cerebral. Welcome to the forum.
    I just ordered 20 rolls of Velvia 50.

Now, I need a few classic lenses. I've found new glass doenst work so well. Any tips?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by yohimbe2 View Post
    I just ordered 20 rolls of Velvia 50.

Now, I need a few classic lenses. I've found new glass doenst work so well. Any tips?
    Im not familiar with your camera Yohimbe, so I can't give any specific recommendations but I can give you some generalities. I'm a Pentax shooter, so I check out the Pentax forums and read reviews on the various lenses. I'm sure there are such forums for Nikon. I also check out the pictures others are taking with a lens I'm interested in on Flickr, or one of the forums, to get a sense of what the lens shoots like. Then it's off to EBay or one of the forum markets to purchase. If you have a focal length and price range in mind others, may be able to help. sorry I couldn't be of more help. Good luck with your quest!
    --
    Kenton Brede

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I got some beautiful prints from a fine art photographer at a local art fair who shoots the F5...absolutely stunning. Now granted it's the photographer not the camera but it shows what this camera is capable of. I just got my first film camera and am awaiting my first set of negatives...so I know the excitement you're feeling.

Shooter
    35mm
    Im not familiar with your camera Yohimbe, so I can't give any specific recommendations but I can give you some generalities. I'm a Pentax shooter, so I check out the Pentax forums and read reviews on the various lenses. I'm sure there are such forums for Nikon. I also check out the pictures others are taking with a lens I'm interested in on Flickr, or one of the forums, to get a sense of what the lens shoots like. Then it's off to EBay or one of the forum markets to purchase. If you have a focal length and price range in mind others, may be able to help. sorry I couldn't be of more help. Good luck with your quest!

I've heard good things about the Pentax so I just ordered a k1000 and three lenses off ebay. It should be fun to try something other than Nikon. ( Leica may be next)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nice fro $250 you got a good deal! Now shoot away! =]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've heard good things about the Pentax so I just ordered a k1000 and three lenses off ebay. It should be fun to try something other than Nikon. ( Leica may be next)
    The K1000 will more than likely need new seals and maybe a clean lube and adjust. Sometimes they work fine though. Which lenses did you pick up?
    --
    Kenton Brede

Shooter
    35mm
    The K1000 will more than likely need new seals and maybe a clean lube and adjust. Sometimes they work fine though. Which lenses did you pick up?

From the ebay auction (69 bucks)

Selling a Vintage Pentax Asahi K1000 35mm SLR Film Camera with 3 Lenses. Includes one SMC Pentax-A 1:2 50mm Lens in good condition and 1 Rokinon Auto 1:2.8 Lens and 1 Sakar Auto MC 1:2.5 135mm Lens. The optics on lenses look good. The camera is in good working condition and all functions work. It will need a new battery. Camera shows wear but is mechanically sound. This vintage camera is from around 1976 and is in good vintage condition seeing as it is 40+ years old. This is the model which many of the famous photographers used in the mid 1970's. It is still being used to this date.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Looking at mine right now. Along with my Nikon F4 and FE2, this three camera combo gives me happiness when I look at the prints.
    As for lens use, I mainly use my Nikon Series E (50.18 and 75-150mm) lenses. I have also shot with my 85mm 1.8 AFD and 70-300mm VR lenses as well.
    Shoot alot and have fun with it. Don't be alarmed when someone says.."Hey You Have A Real Camera"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    From the ebay auction (69 bucks)

Selling a Vintage Pentax Asahi K1000 35mm SLR Film Camera with 3 Lenses. Includes one SMC Pentax-A 1:2 50mm Lens in good condition and 1 Rokinon Auto 1:2.8 Lens and 1 Sakar Auto MC 1:2.5 135mm Lens. The optics on lenses look good. The camera is in good working condition and all functions work. It will need a new battery. Camera shows wear but is mechanically sound. This vintage camera is from around 1976 and is in good vintage condition seeing as it is 40+ years old. This is the model which many of the famous photographers used in the mid 1970's. It is still being used to this date.

GAS Attack! Must buy more camera equipment NOW!
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin