Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,535,994   Online: 994

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Newbie, loving every minute just bought an N90s and F5

I shot my first roll of film with my F5 and am BLOWN away ! I started with a D70 years ago--improved my skills and moved up to D90...I'm still learning.

Moving to film has changed the way I shoot and my photography is improving greatly. This F5 is taking amazing pictures.

I think many that came from film to digital might not have a need to go backwards ( all the pros at my shop laugh at me for my new fould love of film)...But for those of us that started with gigital, a move back to film is a GREAT move. I think if you never try it, your missing something very important.
    Last edited by yohimbe2; 06-10-2012 at 09:09 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Nice to see I'm not alone... I LOVE FILM

I use a D300, But just LOVE my FT2 and N8008S. The images are gorgeous.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Alone?

You are among hundreds of active film users here on APUG. Hardly alone.... I do both digital and film. But for my personal stuff and what matters, I tend to shoot B&W film and process it myself. Spend hours and hours and days and weeks in darkroom for just one image.... There's something different about hand-crafted prints.

Welcome to APUG to both of you from Central Florida... land of alligators.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes, the F5 is an amazing camera. I thought it's plethora of features would overwhelm me-trigger ADHD or something-but no! There is something intuitive about using it. The one thing I haven't mastered, yet, are the two dials: which one is for aperture and which for shutter speed? Do I go left to increase, or right? I eventually get there
    Bob Walberg

The fix is in!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nice to have another film shooter! but why did you jump to an F5? Yes it offers many features, but it does not benefit a beginner to use such a camera imho, and the price point is also very high still. The N90s on the other hand is a very good choice for someone starting out, it offers pretty much all the pro features minus continuous speed and build robustness and a few other non-critical doodads. I would suggest grabbing the manual for your cameras either in print or online.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hello and welcome to APUG!!!
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Newt_on_Swings View Post
    Nice to have another film shooter! but why did you jump to an F5? Yes it offers many features, but it does not benefit a beginner to use such a camera imho, and the price point is also very high still. The N90s on the other hand is a very good choice for someone starting out, it offers pretty much all the pro features minus continuous speed and build robustness and a few other non-critical doodads. I would suggest grabbing the manual for your cameras either in print or online.
    I went with the f5 as I find many of it features similar to my d90. For example aperture priority and manual mode are very similar on both. I know my way around the Nikons and so far the f5 and n90s seem very similar to the digitals.

To the guy above one dial controls shutter speed and the other controls aperture. (just like the d90).

I also like the way the f5 feels in my hand . If I could go back I could go back I might try an f100. (at $250 excellent condition the f5 was hard to pass up.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi and a warm welcome to APUG!

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG!
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    You have two of my favorite Nikon electronic cameras. My all time fav was the F2.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin