Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,229   Posts: 1,532,850   Online: 996

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Flotsam
    They're practically neighbors. Only 3,000 miles between them.
    Just "Down the road a bit" in Oz terms...

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennSYD
    Just "Down the road a bit" in Oz terms...
    Yeah mate. And Perth is just down the road from Sydney.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by roteague
    Wrong side of the country.
    Whooooops! :o errm ... I was more a physics than geography student. :rolleyes:

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I once had a Schwinn Paramount. It was a track bike although I was never a viable competitor. Passed through the old Schwinn factory repair training facility in Chicago in about 1966. I was 14 yrs old. They were still taking apart Newdeparture coaster brakes and the Bendix 2 speed with the 3 red bands was a brand new phenomenom. Seems like a vastly different century. I guess it was.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome! I'm over in Spokane, and really enjoying the non digital comradeship.

rocky
    "All my best thoughts I keep to myself"

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    My schwinn Paramount was of the road racing variety. Mid 70's model. Candy Apple red with beautiful chrome lugs and tubular tires. I had Campy Super Record on it and loved that bike. I raced it a few time a couple of years ago when my modern Italian rig was in the shop. It served me well in the pack sprint. I loved that bike so much that my internet persona has adopted the name

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Now you've got me interested and i'm going to do some searches on Ebay to see what a Paramount is worth. As a kid I worked in my mom's second husbands Schwinn bike shop. I put about a million of them together at Christmas time in those years. I still ride a bit every summer. Bianchi.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=7117813037

Well that didn't take long. Apparently, quite a bit. That one could be mine. Correct era and mine was white. Doubt if I got $85 bucks for it.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by John McCallum
    I was more a physics than geography student.
    Really, that's interesting. I'm an electrical engineer by training, but I work as a programmer/analyst. I've had a few physics courses, some interesting, some boring.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by roteague
    ....I'm an electrical engineer by training, but I work as a programmer/analyst. I've had a few physics courses, some interesting, some boring.
    Hey .... so did I! However, the old career is currently going through it's third iteration as we speak, but photography has always remained a constant .

My brother in law probably wouldn't appreciate me relaying this story (so if you ever meet him, Don't let him know you know) but ...... He was driving home with his brand new Schwinn on top one of those standup roof racks after it's 2nd time on the road. We were training long miles and he was a bit tired (so the excuse goes) and to cut the story short, the car parked safely in the garage, with the bike not so safely on the footpath behind him. :o
    He managed to save the components, and the irrepairable frame now adorns the garage wall .... permanently.
    Funny things was, his insurance company released an advertisement on TV depicting exactly what happened, sometime later. This happened a couple of yrs ago, and although we don't know this is where the Marketing Gurus got their inspiration, the TV advt is still playing and brings us a giggle each time it comes on.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin