Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,970   Posts: 1,523,535   Online: 853

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Oh, it's so bad...Hopelessly obsessed and I haven't even shot a roll!

Actually, I mean I haven't shot a roll of film in about 7 years, but that isn't exactly true either. I did recently get my hands on a friend's rb67, but the mirror was sluggish (discovered after, of course!) so my shots didn't come out. Such a pity. I really wanted to play with that beast.

Anyway, hi all I'm a hot glass artist up in Maine and I'm getting back into photography after a long hiatus. I'm into portraiture, mostly of kids, but I'll really shoot anybody. I just like people. I do have a digital camera (canon 5d) but I've recently had an intense desire to start shooting film. This then turned into an intense desire to develop that film, which turned into an intense desire to print in a darkroom, lol. I can see this is going to be a snowball effect.

I just bought & received a mamiya C3 in the mail today. I had never seen one in person before, and the second I flipped open the wlf I was totally hooked. Wow, that screen is so bright and easy to focus, even with my poor eyesight. I also discovered a community darkroom right here on the street that I live on! Talk about luck! And right below my apartment is a great local lab who develops c41 and scans. It must be a sign.

All that to say I hope to be joining in soon!! Thanks to everyone here who shares all this great stuff that I have discovered over the past couple of days. I think I'm going to like it here

Pipyr

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome aboard! Isn't nice when things just fall into place together?! What fortunate luck indeed!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    From a fellow Mainer: Glad to see you've gotten bitten by the film bug (As opposed to the regular bugs like mosquitoes and black flies).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hello and welcome to APUG from western Massachusetts!!!! Another New Englander into film... wooo hooo!!!
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello and a warm welcome to APUG!

Jeff

Ah....hooked for life...check you wallet, and then your bank account....:}

The very best of luck to you! Have lots of fun, and much success.

By the way...start looking for a 4x5, then an 8x10...careful....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome Home Pipyr !

Enjoy The Weekend !

Ron

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________________

Sanjay Sen - APUG Subscriber
    Sanjay Sen, 36, a champion of human and animal rights, died June 3 in a motorcycle accident in Wayne, New Jersey.

July 23 1975 - June 3 2012

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG Pipyr!
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG!

Now you are ready for serious GAS!
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by papagene View Post
    Hello and welcome to APUG from western Massachusetts!!!! Another New Englander into film... wooo hooo!!!
    How do you infer that the OP is from New England? (Apart from the fact that he shoots anybody )
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin