Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,587   Posts: 1,545,853   Online: 1145

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Soviet Camera User :-)

Been lurking for a while, and also posted in a couple of threads, but thought maybe a proper introduction is in order :-)

I'm an amateur photographer from Sweden, shooting mostly street. Until a little over a year ago, only digital (Nikon DSLR).

Was living in Kiev, Ukraine on and off, little over two years in total over different periods (and still go back to visit at least once / year), and while living there, fell in love with old Soviet cameras.

My first camera, a present from my girlfriend last year, was a Kiev 3a. Now I have five Soviet cameras, out of which I use four (the Kiev, a Fed, a Moskva-4 and a Lomo Smena - my Zorki is in desperate need of service).

I have access to a complete dark room through a photo club where I am a member, but mostly, I use a hybrid workflow where I develop the negatives and scan, however, my long term goal is to learn how to properly make dark room prints.

Anyways, since a picture says more than 1000 words and this forum is about photography after all, I won't bore you with more words. Instead, I will let three of my photos present me, and my style of shooting, further.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails upload_1.jpg   upload_2.jpg   upload_3.jpg  
    Last edited by mannbro; 07-18-2012 at 02:44 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to apug, and good luck with the old Soviet cameras.
    I have a few myself, but they rarely see any action. Maybe I should give them a try again. I have a lovely FED 1a from 1936 with an uncoated lens that is my favourite among them.

Good luck with your pictures

Shooter
    35mm
    Welcome, this is definitely the right place for anybody wanting to learn analogue photographic techniques.
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

MDR
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to apug, am a Soviet camera user myself and often go out with my zorki 4 and Kiev 3. Very nice pictures.

Dominik

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    where I develop the negatives and scan, however, my long term goal is to learn how to properly make dark room prints
    That's how I started, and still do this for colour (get the negs back on CD from the lab). However, I have now progressed to doing my own B&W developing and printing. Picked up the various bits of kit mostly on the 'bay. It's definitely worth doing - real prints are so much nicer than most scans, and it isn't really so difficult, and well worth it.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Yeah, that is definitely the plan, rusty :-)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG. I enjoy your pictures.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mannbro View Post
    Been lurking for a while, and also posted in a couple of threads, but thought maybe a proper introduction is in order :-)

I'm an amateur photographer from Sweden, shooting mostly street. Until a little over a year ago, only digital (Nikon DSLR).

Was living in Kiev, Ukraine on and off, little over two years in total over different periods (and still go back to visit at least once / year), and while living there, fell in love with old Soviet cameras.

My first camera, a present from my girlfriend last year, was a Kiev 3a. Now I have five Soviet cameras, out of which I use four (the Kiev, a Fed, a Moskva-4 and a Lomo Smena - my Zorki is in desperate need of service).

I have access to a complete dark room through a photo club where I am a member, but mostly, I use a hybrid workflow where I develop the negatives and scan, however, my long term goal is to learn how to properly make dark room prints.

Anyways, since a picture says more than 1000 words and this forum is about photography after all, I won't bore you with more words. Instead, I will let three of my photos present me, and my style of shooting, further.
    A warm welcome from another Soviet camera user (1939 FED1, FED 3 , Zorki-Zorki)!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG from a Moskva 5 user.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hello and welcome to APUG!!
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin