Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,544,930   Online: 845

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    8x10 Format

Hi from Sweden and Belgium

Hi All

I have just joined the forum, but have been making images for many years and print in Palladium and Palladium over gold (Dan Burkholders technique). I currently work in hybrid from digital capture, but am about to switch back to film, as soon as I can get a suitable scanner - I need to be able to make enlarged digital negs for the Palladium prints. I shoot on a Fuji GX680 and print using Epson 3800 and a really, really old plate burner.The combination makes beautiful prints (IMHO).

My dim-room and workshop are in my house in Northern Sweden, but I work in Brussels, so I get to make prints relatively infrequently at the moment, but it is good to finally have a fixed base after many years of travelling with no real base to call home!

I photograph portraits really, of a wide range of subjects: People (of course), plants, animals, buildings, landscapes etc ... but all driven by the portrait imperative, by which I mean an image which tries to reveal something about the subject and its character!

Best

Dave
    A good photograph is one that communicates a fact, touches the heart and leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. Irving Penn
    www.djsp.eu
    www.djsp.eu/blog
    Youtube channel - macgabhan
    fb Djs Photography

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG

Shooter
    35mm
    Welcome Dave, whereabouts are you in the North?
    Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You should consider enlargening the negatives to dupe film or ortho film, instead of processing digitally.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Should you need film/chemicals a very good place is FotoGuy, Vlaamsesteenweg in Brussels

Welcome !

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello Dave and welcome to APUG.

Jeff

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Hi Steve

I am half way between Umea and Skelleftea ... you know them?

Dave
    A good photograph is one that communicates a fact, touches the heart and leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. Irving Penn
    www.djsp.eu
    www.djsp.eu/blog
    fb Djs Photography

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Why??
    www.djsp.eu
    www.djsp.eu/blog
    fb Djs Photography

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG from a fellow Swede. Originally from Helsingborg, Sweden, I moved to Minneapolis, Minnesota eleven years ago.

I think 'Nicholai' is trying to tell you his preference for using strictly analog means to make your large negatives, as it is also the spirit of the APUG forum to discuss analog techniques mostly, and avoid digital discussion unless it has to do with how to scan prints, (also fully non-digital), to display in the gallery. It's a narrowly focused web site.
    Still, I hope you find value in being here, tapping the knowledge of many experienced individuals.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG, Dave.
    Charles Hohenstein

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin