Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,929   Posts: 1,556,838   Online: 790
      
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 31
  1. #11
    Chazzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    South Bend, IN, USA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    2,862
    Images
    5
    Welcome to APUG.
    Charles Hohenstein

  2. #12
    M.A.Longmore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    New York
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,855
    Images
    15
    .
    Welcome Home AJ !

    Ron
    .



  3. #13
    zsas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Posts
    1,962
    Images
    74
    Welcome to APUG!
    Andy

  4. #14
    anjoom_aj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Dubai, United Arab Emirates
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    10
    thanks Dominik.
    finally found one dealer with all ILFORD films, papers, chemicals, etc. other films are still hard to find. not sure about ordering film online, that x-ray stuff n all... but atleast i can start with the ilford stuff and see how it goes. have ilford delta 400 for the time being and had one roll developed but was not so happy with the contrast and stuff for the lab developer

  5. #15
    darkosaric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Hamburg, Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,849
    Quote Originally Posted by anjoom_aj View Post
    thanks Dominik.
    finally found one dealer with all ILFORD films, papers, chemicals, etc. other films are still hard to find. not sure about ordering film online, that x-ray stuff n all... but atleast i can start with the ilford stuff and see how it goes. have ilford delta 400 for the time being and had one roll developed but was not so happy with the contrast and stuff for the lab developer
    You must develop it yourself. This is the only way to be happy with B&W films and with silver gelatin prints. I know in the beginning it is hard and it looks difficult - but the joy it will give you once when you learn and do it yourself - it is priceless .

  6. #16
    anjoom_aj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Dubai, United Arab Emirates
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    10
    thanks everyone for the warm welcome to the analogue world. glad to be here

  7. #17
    anjoom_aj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Dubai, United Arab Emirates
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by darkosaric View Post
    You must develop it yourself. This is the only way to be happy with B&W films and with silver gelatin prints. I know in the beginning it is hard and it looks difficult - but the joy it will give you once when you learn and do it yourself - it is priceless .
    yes still exploring, been 2 months and 2 rolls old. still not familiar with all the stuff to get and get started. what is the bare minimum required to get started ?

  8. #18
    darkosaric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Hamburg, Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,849
    Quote Originally Posted by anjoom_aj View Post
    yes still exploring, been 2 months and 2 rolls old. still not familiar with all the stuff to get and get started. what is the bare minimum required to get started ?
    First is to search this site in archive posts, for example you have:

    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum43/4...do-i-need.html

    and many other nice posts that explain everything.

    Second is youtube: search for film developing, darkroom, etc - great way to start learning.


  9. #19
    anjoom_aj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Dubai, United Arab Emirates
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by darkosaric View Post
    First is to search this site in archive posts, for example you have:

    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum43/4...do-i-need.html

    and many other nice posts that explain everything.

    Second is youtube: search for film developing, darkroom, etc - great way to start learning.

    yeah, already reviewing stuff on YouTube. make the world a better place

  10. #20
    darkosaric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Hamburg, Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,849
    Videos from user JBrunner are good, and entertaining also. You can learn and laugh at the same time

    http://www.jasonbrunner.com/videos.html

    He is on youtube also.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast


 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin