Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,551   Posts: 1,573,120   Online: 751

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by darkosaric View Post
    Videos from user JBrunner are good, and entertaining also. You can learn and laugh at the same time

http://www.jasonbrunner.com/videos.html

He is on youtube also.
    thanks a lot mate, very helpful resource. Appreciate it.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by hdeyong View Post
    darkosaric is right. Anything you will ever need is available online. Good luck and I hope you enjoy it.
    yup, all the cameras i go so far are all online purchases, except one that i took as a gift. with film that only easily available option i found here is ILFORD and some Kodaks.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Dubai have most expensive airports in the world , technology is good and it doesnt hurt your film. Try to online shopping , shipping is costly but when you order large quantaties , it pays itself. The fun about the film is the options , different lenses , viewfinders , ergonomics , films , developers , papers , enlargers , enlarger lenses , contact printing , alternative processes have huge fun. Dont miss it and dont stuck to the low quality films produced by Kodak for Middle East.
    You can pm me anytime.

Umut
    Istanbul

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa Umut Sarac View Post
    Dubai have most expensive airports in the world , technology is good and it doesnt hurt your film. Try to online shopping , shipping is costly but when you order large quantaties , it pays itself. The fun about the film is the options , different lenses , viewfinders , ergonomics , films , developers , papers , enlargers , enlarger lenses , contact printing , alternative processes have huge fun. Dont miss it and dont stuck to the low quality films produced by Kodak for Middle East.
    You can pm me anytime.

Umut
    Istanbul
    Thanks Mustafa. I did find some chemicals to develop B&W films. Ilford has a dealer here and chemicals and paper were easily available, also Ilford film. Still have to order some more equipment like the dark cloth thing, can, reel and tank. Most probably will have to eBay these if I cant find locally.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by anjoom_aj View Post
    Thanks Mustafa. I did find some chemicals to develop B&W films. Ilford has a dealer here and chemicals and paper were easily available, also Ilford film. Still have to order some more equipment like the dark cloth thing, can, reel and tank. Most probably will have to eBay these if I cant find locally.
    Hey, AJ, my name is C. I live in Dubai as well. I'd love to know where you're getting chems. Shipping is just ridiculous. . .I will not pay those prices to ship stuff here. . . I've seen GPP selling Ilford. Did you find another store?

I'd love to hear where you found chem and film as I've had trouble even knowing where to start looking without incurring the massive shipping costs but like you the labs here process horribly.

Shooter
    35mm
    Welcome C!
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Diapositivo View Post
    Welcome C!
    Thanks, dude.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey AJ & C.

I hope you guys can harness your resources and find a way around the exorbitant shipping fees.

Rest easy with Ilford's materials. They make top rate stuff no matter what it is.

Have fun at this site and don't be shy, there are no questions too elementary or "dumb" so ask away once you get rolling.
    This site is quite a bit more friendly than most places on the web and once again,
    welcome.

Shooter
    35mm
    hey guys,

just want to share some info. i FOUND FILMS AND CHEMICALS in Wafi Mall its on Lvl1 at Salam Department look for the camera section. i bought ilford fixer and developer, now im too excited to develop my films :P

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin