Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,232   Posts: 1,532,897   Online: 951

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Greetings!

Shooter
    Multi Format

Greetings!

Hello to all my name is Charlotte. I am a high school student interested in photography. I've been shooting digital for about two years. Recently I have been interested in shooting film. I haven't been able to take any courses on photography but, I informed myself on the basics from reading books and internet articles. I hope to take some courses in the near future and to learn form others form anywhere. Right now I'm shooting a Minolta 3000i but soon a Kodak brownie hawkeye will arrive in the mail. I hope to get into a darkroom and be able to develop images that I created and to learn from others.

Thanks for reading!
    Charlotte A.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello Charlotte and welome to APUG. Just browze through APUG forums and look up used stuff here. Also look up KEH.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG Charlotte.

I think you may be the first APUG member who admits they are from Mars .

Hope you enjoy it here - don't hesitate to ask questions if you can't find the answers you need by browsing the forums.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome, Charlotte! Developing your own film and prints is a lot of fun. I've done it for years and it still seems like magic.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    35mm
    Welcome! The first time you see that image emerge on the paper in the darkroom really is magic, you'll never forget that moment (seeing your first Polaroid develop is the same magic).
    Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG!
    --
    Kenton Brede
    http://kentonbrede.com/

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Welcome Charlotte A. You will find this site has an expert in all fields of analogue photography. Please don't hesitate to ask, we are here to help.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to the family. If you were closer than Mars I would give you an enlarger for your darkroom(really).
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Welcome from here as well.....I am hoping that one of our nine Grandchildren will decide to try film and darkroom work...best of luck. Lots of help available from many helpful and really nice individuals. Simply ask and you will find!

Elliot

Shooter
    Multi Format
    not sure where pineapple city on mars is (curiosity can shoot it) but what the heck, welcome to the club. If it is Brownie-type cameras you want, be sure to check out your local thrift stores -- many versions and they are great shooters.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin