Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,592   Posts: 1,546,030   Online: 967

Shooter
    Large Format

Greetings from Florida

Hi. Having been a member of APUG for about 2 years now, it's time I stop procrastinating, and introduce myself.
    I live in the Fort Lauderdale, FL area, and teach photography at the Art Institute of Ft. Lauderdale.

I have been making large format landscape photographs for over 30 years, and have met with a reasonably fair measure of success; at least in terms of acknowledgement by my peers. Photography has been a wonderful part of my life, and I'm very grateful.

Now I am working primarily in the Florida Everglades, and find wonderful inspiration, in spite of many of the views becoming as popularized as Yosemite, and by photographers without much of Ansel's craftsmanship.

For anyone living in, or passing through, the area, I currently have a show of my Everglades work at the Palm Beach Photographic Workshop in Delray.

If I can be of help to anyone, please contact me.
    Steven Nestler
    http://stevennestler.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Hi Steve,
    Great school. My wife was going to attend there 4 years ago but my health problems intervened. Been to a Clyde Butcher open house; but didn't get deep into the Glades. Would love to get there again for a LF outing, maybe next year. Good luck with your show.
    van Huyck Photo
    "Progress is only a direction, and it's often the wrong direction"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I looked at your site a couple of weeks ago. Beautiful stuff!! I always feel (a bit defensively to be sure) that anyone can work successfully in Yosemite and at other iconic sites, but to make really beautiful images in other areas, as you have in Maine and Florida, takes real vision and craftsmanship. It's great for you to be a member here and welcome from one who's been a member for less time than you have ;-)
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Glad to see you're jumping and posting more, Steve. I've got your website bookmarked from a happenstance visit about a year ago (I think).

Jeremy
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Images
    Whenever I see the phrase "Greetings from Florida", I expect to see one of those great postcard pictures where an alligator is about to bite the butt of a bikini clad bathing beauty. Can't say I'm not disappointed .

My Father lives in Lauderdale. If I get down that way, I'll check in advance in the hope that you will be showing in the area.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I'm in Fort Lauderdale. You must have known Maurice Lareau(sp?) from the school. I lost track of him a few years back. Btw, I use to deliver to the school occasionaly and would read the message board for equipment.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Welcome Steve from the other side of the country; Hawaii. Looking forward to seeing some of your images in the gallery.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin