Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,930   Posts: 1,585,430   Online: 1081

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you're east of the city, you're not far from me. I live a little south of New Stanton. Welcome to film and to APUG! PM me if you want to go shooting or if you need help with film stuff.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold View Post
    Hello, APUG!

Finally making my way here as the most recent step of my descent into this addiction which started about 6 or 7 years ago after getting a waterproof digital to take fishing & camping. Slowly but surely, I've gotten more into it, picking up a dSLR 3 years ago, then my first film camera, a Canonet QL17 G-III, early this spring. I've put a few rolls through that Canonet this spring and summer, also adding a Yashica Electro (which needs some love and repair) and, most recently, a mint Canonet QL19 G-III.

Descending further into the madness, I decided to start shooting B&W negative and developing myself, and to that end, I currently have my first two home developed rolls of film (Tri-X) drying downstairs as I type this. Hopefully I'll get a scanner up and running this week and I'll be sharing some favorites from those rolls soon!

Until then, here's a few from the QL17, on Superia 400:

Hello, and welcome to APUG from South Central PA!

Griz
    Get out and shoot!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome and.... go Pirates!

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Welcome from an ex Pittsburgher. Come meet some other midwesterners the last weekend of September. Shawn and Winger come to these gatherings. We have a lot of fun enjoying ideas that we have in common: Photography, film, wetplate, history, prints, food, good people. You all come.
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum174/...30-2012-a.html

John Powers
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichı

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Thanks everyone.

Winger, you're pretty close to me, and yes, I'd love to go shoot sometime. Before getting into film, I was/am still doing a lot of nature stuff digitally, but I'm still trying to get a feel for what I like shooting best with film.

jp, that sounds like great fun. I think I'm already scheduled to do some camping & fishing at the end of September, but it sounds like it's a recurring event with an enthusiastic following, so perhaps I'll be able to catch the next one. Thanks so much for the invite!

bvy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome. Lots of good people here. You'll be happy you joined.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold View Post
    Thanks everyone.

jp, that sounds like great fun. I think I'm already scheduled to do some camping & fishing at the end of September, but it sounds like it's a recurring event with an enthusiastic following, so perhaps I'll be able to catch the next one. Thanks so much for the invite!
    Look for a similar heading "NE OH Gathering" and a date in the spring.

John Powers
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichı

Shooter
    Large Format
    Welcome, my wife is from Pittsburgh.
    Nice area.
    Michael

"I only wanted Uncle Vern standing by his new car (a Hudson) on a clear day. I got him and the car. I also got a bit of Aunt Mary's laundry, and Beau Jack, the dog, peeing on a fence, and a row of potted tuberous begonias on the porch and 78 trees and a million pebbles in the driveway and more. It's a generous medium, photography." -- Lee Friedlander

Images
    Good Morning, Cold,

Welcome from southwestern Illinois.

Konical

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin